Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

What does Lachlan look like?

I've been digging the name Lachlan for a while now, and since you berries are so creative, I was wondering what kind of person you envision when you hear the name. Do you picture it on a toddler, child, teenager, adult? Straight sandy hair with freckles, dark curly hair and brown eyes? Splashing in a puddle, curled up in a chair reading, playing bass in a rock band?

I would love to hear your thoughts! And if you have more than one idea of a Lachlan, I would be more than happy to read them all!

I see someone between my age and a baby (its been top 10 in Aus since then) but i know so many I see them I know two 15 year olds ones Lachy the others Lachie and a six year old Lochlan. I personally hate the name it makes no sense how does that spell lock-lan and some people say it Lack-lan which annoys the hell out of me and its been popular for tooo long here.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

Thanks everyone for the responses so far!

I guess I should have clarified in my original post. I do know about Lachlan's popularity in Australia, but seeing as how we're halfway around the world and I doubt that a son of mine would end up living there (I've read that Australia has some of the strictest immigration laws of any country), it's somewhat of a non-issue for me.

I find it really interesting that a lot of you picture a lighter-haired boy. I kind of thought that everyone would expect to see a dark haired boy when they heard the name Lachlan, but obviously that's not the case. I can easily see a toddler/child Lachlan and an adult Lachlan, but I struggle more trying to visualize an infant or teenage Lachlan. Anybody have more ideas about those?

@ebenezer.scrouge: The pronunciation of Lachlan actually makes perfect sense. It was originally the Scottish name for someone from Norway, which they called "land of the lochs," loch being pronounced lock, thus Lochlan or Lachlan.

I know a Lachlan about 10 years old with curly strawberry-blond hair, pale skin, and freckles. A very outgoing, active kid; very talented at soccer. To me, he is the epitome of a Lachlan.
    ~Izzy, looking for a new nickname
    Currently Loving: Romilly, Esme, Piper, Helia, Scout..Rhett, Colin, Rhys, Adrian, Jonah

Lachlan will be the name of our son one day if we have one, it's basically unheard of as a name where I live, I think only 18 of them were born last year. When I picture Lachlan, I picture a 3/4 year old boy, with a mischievous grin, dirty blonde to brown hair, with green eyes and a smattering of small freckles across this cheeks. He is very curious about everything, and loves to talk about what he sees. Definitely more of a bookworm than an athlete.

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye