Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I would have thought people would think of her initials as E. V. as opposed to E. V. L. And E. V. sounds like Evie, which is cute. My niece had the initials B. S. which I know caused some family members to worry that she would be teased for, but as far as I know it was never an issue.

She won't be using initials much until adult years and then her last name may not be the same! I understand not likening hers but it does take some imagination to make it sound like "evil" and its not like worse ones others have pointed out. Love the name!

Don't worry! Emma Josephine is lovely. Don't change her name or add another name. EVL isn't that bad. I honestly don't think it's anything to be worried about AT ALL.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

I totally agree that it isn't a big deal, although I understand (and sympathize with) your anxiety! It sounds like you want your little one to have the best possible start to life, and you've really stressed yourself out over the possibility that you've messed that up somehow. But you haven't. You've given her a beautiful name with a lovely meaning.

If/when initials do come up, most people can choose whether to use their MN or not. It's usually a voluntary thing- "sign initials here," you know? The authority in question rarely specifies WHICH initials. Therefore it's easy to be flexible if anyone is self-conscious about a potential combination. I sign AW nowadays just because I think my married initials are cute- but before I was married, it was AMR. My best friend became ASS after her marriage, but she includes her maiden name so that she can write ASTS instead. Initials really just aren't that big a deal, I promise. I'm sure she'll turn out absolutely fine, and will likely love her name

Like everyone else, I don't think the initials are that big a deal, but what about calling her Emma Jo? It's not really changing her name in any way; just adding a little extra from her middle. That way her initials could be EJVL all the time.
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar, and expecting Catherine "Cate" Ophelia in September 2014!
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity