Results 1 to 5 of 7
August 28th, 2013 08:18 PM #1
I writing a book about some girls in junior high that have been BFFs since kindergarden. I need names! Here's some stuff I'd like you to know:
1. One of them is the sporty tomboy, and the other is a girly girl.
2. I really do not like classic frilly names, so stay away from the "Margret" and "Jessica" junk.
3. For the girly girl, she's a true beauty with shoulder-length wavy blonde hair, brown eyes, and freckles.
4. For the tomboy, she's sporty and cute with curly red hair always up in a ponytail and green eyes. For her I'd love a name like "Emmy" for emerald or "Jade" to match her bright green eyes.
5. That's all for now! Thanks in advance!
P.S. I'm also looking for a mean girl, a tomboy's younger and girly sister, and a girly girl's older teen brother.
August 30th, 2013 02:10 AM #3Senior Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2012
For the "tomboy", sounds like you want a name that means or is related to green. Jade works well, I think. There's also Beryl, Chloe, Fern, and Laverne.
For the other: May/Mae, Sage, Essie, Ava, Lacey, Lucille, June, Romy, Livia nn Liv, Faye, Elsa, Anna, Nathalie, Avril, Raine, Rosemary, Summer, Laine/Lainey.Amedeo Ariel Dmitri EnjolrasArtemis Cicely Elisabeth Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Rosalie Titania
September 1st, 2013 03:12 AM #5
Well, I very much doubt their parents knew anything about their personalities whilst naming them. Try picking an ordinary name - especially for the tomboy - and then trying to go with a spunky nickname. That makes it more realistic. Jade actually works pretty well.
Ideas not related to green -
Caroline nn Caro/Carly
Olivia nn Liv
Cathryn nn Cat
For green names, I like Orna, and also Chloe and Fern from pp's suggestions. Would Leaf be too weird?
The girly girl -
Lydia"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein.
14, writer (http://www.wattpad.com/user/arboretum), and obsessed with names since forever.
Plucky Heroines - Lyla, Waverly, Caroline, Lucy, Linnea, Early, Arielle, Ariadne, Felicity 'Fliss', Livienne, Ketura 'Kit', Laura
Dashing Heroes - Waylon, Luca, Wilder,Stephen, Daniel, Lysander, Levi, Nathaniel, Adam
September 1st, 2013 02:47 PM #7
September 9th, 2013 04:10 PM #9Senior Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2013