Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BFFs

Talking BFFs

I writing a book about some girls in junior high that have been BFFs since kindergarden. I need names! Here's some stuff I'd like you to know:

1. One of them is the sporty tomboy, and the other is a girly girl.
    2. I really do not like classic frilly names, so stay away from the "Margret" and "Jessica" junk.
    3. For the girly girl, she's a true beauty with shoulder-length wavy blonde hair, brown eyes, and freckles.
    4. For the tomboy, she's sporty and cute with curly red hair always up in a ponytail and green eyes. For her I'd love a name like "Emmy" for emerald or "Jade" to match her bright green eyes.
    5. That's all for now! Thanks in advance!

P.S. I'm also looking for a mean girl, a tomboy's younger and girly sister, and a girly girl's older teen brother.

For the "tomboy", sounds like you want a name that means or is related to green. Jade works well, I think. There's also Beryl, Chloe, Fern, and Laverne.

For the other: May/Mae, Sage, Essie, Ava, Lacey, Lucille, June, Romy, Livia nn Liv, Faye, Elsa, Anna, Nathalie, Avril, Raine, Rosemary, Summer, Laine/Lainey.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

Well, I very much doubt their parents knew anything about their personalities whilst naming them. Try picking an ordinary name - especially for the tomboy - and then trying to go with a spunky nickname. That makes it more realistic. Jade actually works pretty well.

Ideas not related to green -

Caroline nn Caro/Carly
    Olivia nn Liv
    Cathryn nn Cat

For green names, I like Orna, and also Chloe and Fern from pp's suggestions. Would Leaf be too weird?

The girly girl -

Talia
    Ella
    Amanda
    Caitlin
    Julia
    Lydia
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein.

14, writer (http://www.wattpad.com/user/arboretum), and obsessed with names since forever.

Plucky Heroines - Lyla, Waverly, Caroline, Lucy, Linnea, Early, Arielle, Ariadne, Felicity 'Fliss', Livienne, Ketura 'Kit', Laura
    Dashing Heroes - Waylon, Luca, Wilder,Stephen, Daniel, Lysander, Levi, Nathaniel, Adam

miranda • 13 • fangirl • dreamer
    writer • student • game of thrones

• boys •
    rafael • adrian • emmett • aaron • jared • raynor • niccolo • richard • philip

• girls •
    ingrid • saskia • magnolia • jemsa • isobel • sybil • evelyn • amalia •mary • haizel • cosima • helena • leonor • blanche • florence • paulina • josephine

Tomboy;
    Rebekah - nn Red
    Gini
    Tara
    Mila

Girly girl;
    Tatiana - nn Tia
    MaryBeth
    Jocelyn - nn JoJo
    Britt

Mean girl names;
    Laura