Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cressida?

Cressida has been on my list for awhile now. I love seeing it get the appreciation it deserves, but I hope it doesn't get too popular!
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

I don't see this name becoming popular in the USA. For one thing there's the car, which I had never heard of. They stopped making them 20 years ago according to Wikipedia and as we didn't own one I had no memory of it.

I also think this name is too out there for a lot of people especially non-name nerds (in USA). I don't think it has mainstream appeal, even with Harry's girlfriend.

As for the name itself, Cressida is a name that I find ok, but don't particularly love or wish to use. I think it is easily pronounceable, which is a plus. I think it's usable and if you love it, go for it!

Good luck!

I know a lovely Cressida who had a dog named Trolius!
    Thrilled to be mother to @gnes Ei1ish Madeline and Fe1icity Bridget Be@trice

If we'd had boys the list was: Godfrey, Seamus, Alexander, Michael, Felix, Peter, Ignatius & Sebastian.

Cressida is a gorgeous name!

rollo
    Psalm 23

reminds me of credenza - a cupboard or cabinet :/

i knew a Creasie in high school but dont know if that stood for anything - it rhymed with Greasy ( double :/ :/ )
    i do not ignore the Rich Text toolbar provided me. i bold, italicize, enlarge, underline and CAPITALIZE for emphasis, individuality, and to capture attention among the endless Arial Standard Size Font that everyone else uses.
    i am not screaming nor will i cosset you. i do this to highlight the most important aspect of my thoughts so they are not lost again in the never ending sea of tiny, black, tempered letters that make up forums everywhere.
    ~*~ i encourage you to do the same ~*~