Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sweet Lavinia

Quote Originally Posted by bonnielyn View Post
    Lavinia would sound wonderful followed by a flower name to me.

Lavinia Rose Celeste
    Lavinia Juniper True True is in another of our combos in the same spot. I am glad someone else likes it as a mn! I really hope we get to use it.
    Lavinia Posy Elizabeth
    Dh usually doesn't go for nature or flower names. The one exception is we have Jessamy in one of our combos. I am an admirer of Rosamund but my neice's mn is Rose.

Iris and Blue have no significance to us but I love the style and sound of that combo. It is not something I would have come up with and it makes me think. Thank you. We have discussed Snow as a mn in the past. Dh loves the snow so that is one nature name he might lean towards.

After more careful research I am not sure this name is one I could use...the line from Shakespeare caught my fancy. Then I found out, The place named after Lavinia, Aeneas wife, was a city dedicated to cult worship and the character in Shakespeare was apparently raped. Yikes, not the sort of legacy we want to bestow! Oh how sad . Suggestions for names like Lavinia?

What about Liviana? It doesn't have Lavinia's Shakespearan pedigree, but according to Behind the Name it still has ancient roots.

Behind the Name: Meaning, Origin and History of the Name Liviana

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea2peanut View Post
    After more careful research I am not sure this name is one I could use...the line from Shakespeare caught my fancy. Then I found out, The place named after Lavinia, Aeneas wife, was a city dedicated to cult worship and the character in Shakespeare was apparently raped. Yikes, not the sort of legacy we want to bestow! Oh how sad . Suggestions for names like Lavinia?
    Glad you mentioned this the name caught my eye for that love quote, I didnt realise the possible jinx it could also carry in tragedy.