Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Centaur name

Centaur name

I'm planning out a story where the main character is a male centaur who ventures into the human world. I've been used the Behind The Name database and I've come up with Damon ("to tame"), Evander ("good man"), and Philip "friend to/lover of horses" as potential names for him, and I'm leaning toward Damon.

I don't want to go with something as obviously mythological as Chiron and I don't want to borrow anything from Harry Potter. What kind of names might fit a centaur?

Just giving this a bump. I'm also considering Titus, Magnus, Zephyr, Griffin, and Axel. I'd love any opinions on these as well.

I like Damon and Evander.

Bayard is a medieval equine name. One of Hector's definitions is "horse."
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

Out of these, I like Evander and Magnus the best for sounding like they might belong to a centaur. Hector is a nice option too with the alternate meaning. The latter two are nice for not being too unusual - if that's what you're going for. Or did you want something a little less "human" sounding?