Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: OT...Anime

Came to second the suggestions of Durarara! and Darker Than Black...

We seem to share anime interests, and frankly, I doubt you will enjoy most of the ones people have already suggested. I love Rurouni Kenshin and Inuyasha and Fullmetal, and Trigun and Cowboy Bebop...

Some others in that vein:
    Baccano!: Includes alchemy, train heists, alternate histories, fictional histories, beautiful art... might be a little violent for a 3 month old, but no more so than Cowboy Bebop

Mushi-shi (or Mushishi... some places label it differently): If you want beautiful, this is definitely the show for you! It's a little haunting, but I love it. It follows Ginko, in a very episodic adventure where he attracts the company of "mushi", which are spirits who generally require a favor of him. One of my favorites!

Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku (aka Now and Then, Here and There): A Japanese boy named Shu finds himself in an AU where children are exploited in war. Very sad, very beautiful!

Gintama: because I haven't suggested a comedy, yet. A weird, futuristic-y, samurai show. Edo conquered by aliens. It's fantastic!

If you're interested in movies, I recommend anything from Studio Ghibli (particularly those films by Miyazaki, my favorites being Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (which technically isn't Ghibli, but oh well) and Princess Mononoke

I also have to suggest Death Note... it's pretty much a gateway anime.

I recommend using the site myanimelist.net (it's a community that allows you to create a list of anime shows you have seen and rated so you can keep track of them. It also allows you to create a "watch list" of anime you want to eventually see. They have an area for manga, too, if you read). Once I update my list, I'll post it for you to look at.
    Last edited by dovah; August 30th, 2013 at 04:30 PM. Reason: added Gintama

Awesome Dovah! Thank you. Yea, I might enjoy the cutesy ones. I like Excel Saga after all. But even if I don't, it'll give Persephone something to watch :P

All of those sound really interesting. I love and have seen and own everything by Miyazaki, so you're not help there :P I've watched Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke so many times I could quote them >.<

Tay, I'll need to watch Free if only to combat my husbands High School of the Dead :P Besides, who among us anime nerds doesn't like a nice, sexy anime guy >.> If I could have Sesshoumaru from InuYasha or Trunks from DBZ... (just don't tell my husband :P )
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Quote Originally Posted by dantea View Post
    Tay, I'll need to watch Free if only to combat my husbands High School of the Dead :P Besides, who among us anime nerds doesn't like a nice, sexy anime guy >.> If I could have Sesshoumaru from InuYasha or Trunks from DBZ... (just don't tell my husband :P )
    Hehe, I know what you mean! Usui from Maid-sama or Dark Mousy from D.N. Angel would be so wonderful if they existed in real life. I wish the male swimmers on my swim team looked like the ones from Free...sigh.
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~

maybe some without the nudity, blood, or swearing?
    i do not ignore the Rich Text toolbar provided me. i bold, italicize, enlarge, underline and CAPITALIZE for emphasis, individuality, and to capture attention among the endless Arial Standard Size Font that everyone else uses.
    i am not screaming nor will i cosset you. i do this to highlight the most important aspect of my thoughts so they are not lost again in the never ending sea of tiny, black, tempered letters that make up forums everywhere.
    ~*~ i encourage you to do the same ~*~

Quote Originally Posted by orphanedhanyou View Post
    maybe some without the nudity, blood, or swearing?
    Take a look at my earlier suggestions...for the most part, they are clean. Gosick has a little blood in it, and Soul Eater has a little blood and a few scenes of nudity (but not super detailed body or anything like that). Toradora has a few cases of swearing, but unless I'm forgetting something, that's about it!
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~