Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: OT...Anime

I've sort of been into anime, but I don't really have the time to watch it anymore. I do sometimes watch an episode on the way to school (one of the benefits of having a thirty minute bus ride and a smart phone), but not that much (I stick to Youtube and watch LPs of Pokémon).

I love Pokémon. I prefer the original three series (Kanto, Johto and Hoenn), but the newer ones are great (Sinnoh and Unova) for kids as well. I also suggest the games for young kids- I got my first copy (Emerald for my GBA SP) when I was six and it really helped with my reading skills. (But, be warned- you might get a fifteen year old who drags you to tournaments and spends hours editing her competitive teams.) I digress.

The first anime I ever watched (besides Pokémon) was Fairy Tail, which is mostly child friendly (except for some sexual nuances) and is very bright and colorful, and it also boasts a great OST. Although it has some flaws, I still like it. Basically, it's based in a land called Fior where some can possess magic. These mages form guilds, and the titular guild is the one the anime follows. It's got a great theme of friendship.

Here are some of my other favorites:

Sword Art Online- I had a hard time getting into this one, as it skipped around a bit, but eventually I fell in love. It's an MMORPG where the players get trapped- and there are no healers, so once you die, you die in real life. The only way to escape is to beat the game.

Angel Beats- an interesting, heartwarming, sob-inducing story about a group of teens stuck in a kind of purgatory. Some funny moments, as well as a tear jerking ending.

Death Note- I'm fairly certain most people (even non-anime fans) have heard of this one, but in case you haven't, it follows Yagami Light, a Japanese teenager who gets a hold of one of a notebook that kills a person if the owner writes his/her name in it.

Free- Follows a group of boys on the high school swim team. It's my guilty pleasure.

Clannad and Clannad: After Story- Made by the creators of Angel Beats, it's a more realistic story following a high school guy who barely gets by, but has some magic realism. Both give you a sweet, fuzzy feeling and have some moments where you'll reach for a Kleenex.
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

Quote Originally Posted by aurra View Post
    Free- Follows a group of boys on the high school swim team. It's my guilty pleasure.
    I love Free! But be warned: It's a fanservice and it's also incomplete (roughly a little more than half of the episodes have aired so far). However, the art and animation are beautiful, and there's even hints of dubstep in the music.
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~

Thanks everyone! I have such a list! Free is about boys but it's a fanservice? My husband's been watching High School of the Dead and it's like that. If this is all boys shots maybe I can combat his up skirt shots with some manly anime shots :P
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Quote Originally Posted by dantea View Post
    Free is about boys but it's a fanservice?
    Yep...they turned the tables this time, it's a fanservice for girls, so basically, nearly every male character is a hot guy with a nice body xD
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~

Quote Originally Posted by dantea View Post
    Thanks. I've watched all of Trigun and the movie Badlands Rumble. Isn't Vash great? I'll have to look into the others. Thanks!
    Yes! Vash would be on my list of top heroes of all time. I thought the series was really dumb at first, but I'm so glad I stuck with it.

If anyone is interested in Victorian London, Emma is a sweet series. A maid in love with a gentleman, kinda Downton Abbey-equse (though different era).

If your interested in movies, Summer Wars, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Tokyo Godfathers and Paprika are good. Akira is classic. My husband keeps claiming there are rumors it'll be live-action one day.

I'm currently looking forward to From Up On Poppy Hill. Dvd releases Sept. 3rd, it wasn't playing in theaters near us. My husband and I are obsessive Ghibli fans. Go Princess Mononoke!:-P