Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: OT...Anime

May I hijack this thread to ask for some advice?
    I joined the anime club at my school because I have a lot of friends in it. I don't mind anime, and I enjoy watching it with the group, but I don't really go out of my way in my free time to watch it. Anyway, somehow I've become the vice-president of the club (it's based off of attendance). I told them when I first joined I don't watch anime, but I think they've all forgotten and they keep expecting me to know about all the popular shows. One time they were talking about a pretty popular show and when I confessed to a friend I hadn't watched it she was kind of shocked.
    So I'm just wondering, if you had to select five to ten "core" anime (like anime it'd be really weird for someone not to know about) what would you pick?
    Thanks so much!

And in response to the original topic: I love Death Note, although the first season is a lot better than the second. And I'd definitely watch the sub for that, the dub isn't very good. Ouran High School Host Club is cute and funny and a parody of itself. I've been meaning to watch Angel Beats. I saw the pilot and liked it, and I have friends who adore it. It's about teens in limbo, I can't give a great description as it's been forever since I watched the pilot, and it's only 13 episodes if you're looking for something short.

Love Cowboy Bebop and Fullmetal. Nothing is 'not my taste' till I've tried it. I might love some of those weird, cute ones. I've been wanting to try Death Note and saw Romeo x Juliet so I'll have to try it too.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I haven't watched a lot of anime, but of the ones that I've seen Princess Tutu & Hetalia were pretty good.
    Ingrid | Kit | Susanna | Alistair

I think most of the animes I like have already been suggested. My SIL is anime crazy, I'm very selective in what I watch but my taste varies with my mood.

Ouran High School Host Club - I actually watched it lastnight. It's a but rediculous and over the top but I think that's why I like it.

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - It's actually more my husbands taste but I don't mind it. Basically Britannia has invaded Japan, Japan is now known as area 11 and all Japanese people known as 11's. Lelouch (a Britannian student) gets given Geass powers, can make anyone obey his orders and leads the Japanese rebellion against Britannia as Zero... It's way more complex than that, I made it sound kinda boring, lol.

Hetalia - Each country is represented by a character and it's kind of a comedic take on history. My husband hates it but I think it's funny. I would recommend subtitles not the dub for this, but that's just my preference.

My SIL has suggested we watch D.N. Angel, Death Note and Steins Gate multiple times but I haven't seen them. There are more she keeps suggesting but I can't remember them, lol.

My husband would be suggesting Pokemon, haha. Seriously I think he has an addiction to Pokemon. He owns every season on DVD and every game. Once he was even talking about Pokemon in his sleep!
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

omg on the Pokemon. The guy who's son's names Lucifer that I keep talking about, he's that obsessed with Pokemon. I liked it when I was a kid, and Digimon, but I couldn't watch it now :P

I'm going to have to watch that Hetalia. It sounds so interesting.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014