Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: OT...Anime

Quote Originally Posted by esswei View Post
    May I hijack this thread to ask for some advice?
    I joined the anime club at my school because I have a lot of friends in it. I don't mind anime, and I enjoy watching it with the group, but I don't really go out of my way in my free time to watch it. Anyway, somehow I've become the vice-president of the club (it's based off of attendance). I told them when I first joined I don't watch anime, but I think they've all forgotten and they keep expecting me to know about all the popular shows. One time they were talking about a pretty popular show and when I confessed to a friend I hadn't watched it she was kind of shocked.
    So I'm just wondering, if you had to select five to ten "core" anime (like anime it'd be really weird for someone not to know about) what would you pick?
    Thanks so much!
    'Core' anime changes from person to person, because some people don't care to watch the popular ones, and instead find it weird that people don't watch some of the less popular shows. I've found, for the most part, that where I live people tend to give you weird looks if you don't know anything about:

Naruto
    Bleach
    One Piece
    Fairy Tail
    Death Note
    Soul Eater
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Hetalia
    Fullmetal Alchemist (2003, diverts from manga)
    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (2009, sticks to manga)
    Inuyasha
    Ian Alexander Cameron Blaise Damien Cole Axel Sean Callum Bryce Lennox Beau
    Blair Annevieve Camryn Atalya Piper Caydence Tallulah Sage Senna Kai Haven Lux

Sorry for any repeats.

Blue Exorcist - Father Fujimoto, the foster father of Rin Okumura, a boy who bears the curse of being Satan's illegitimate son, sacrifices himself to save Rin from demons. To avenge his foster father's death as well as to prove himself, Rin decides to follow the path of an exorcist.

.hack/Legend of the Twilight - Shugo and his twin sister Rena, two new players in The World, are caught up in an unknown agenda. Unstopable monsters have started appearing and players that encounter these monsters fall into comas in the real world. Playing the limited edition characters, Kite and Black Rose, and the wielding the mysterious twilight bracelet, the two siblings must figure out what is going on and stop it before the damage escalates.

Sword Art Online - The players of a virtual reality MMORPG, Sword Art Online, are trapped and fighting for their very lives. After it is announced that the only way to leave the game is by beating it, Kirito—a very powerful swordsman—and his friends take on a quest to free all the minds trapped in Aincrad.

Detective Conan/Case Closed - Kudo Shinichi is a seventeen year-old high school detective whom people call the "Modern Sherlock Holmes." However, one night after a date with his childhood sweetheart, Ran, Shinichi witnessed an illegal trade and, caught off his guard, was knocked unconscious and fed a drug that was supposed to kill him... but he woke up and found himself shrunken to a seven year old. In order to track down the men who did this to him, Shinichi hid his identity and lived with Ran, whose father happened to be a hopeless detective, and with that came a series of murders and mysteries that he must solve.

Darker than Black - In Tokyo, an impenetrable field known as "Hell's Gate" appeared ten years ago. At the same time, psychics who wield paranormal powers at the cost of their conscience also emerged. Hei is one of the most powerful of these psychic agents, and along with his blind associate, Yin, works for one of the many rival agencies vying to unlock the mysteries of Hell's Gate.

Durarara!! - Mikado Ryūgamine is a boy who longs for the exciting life of the big city. At the invitation of his childhood friend Masaomi Kida, he transfers to a school in Ikebukuro and is soon warned about people he doesn't want to cross in the city: a violent and superhumanly strong man, Shizuo Heiwajima, an information broker named Izaya Orihara, and a mysterious gang known as "The Dollars". Mikado also witnesses a local legend called the "Black Rider", who rides around Ikebukuro on a black bike and is also rumored to have no head under its helmet. From then on, the story follows several different characters, how their lives intersect and the many incidents that eventually push Ikebukuro to its limits.

Gurren Lagann - In their closed-off underground village, Kamina and Simon chafe at the limits imposed by the village elder. Yet all this will change, when Simon stumbles across a fantastic device—just as the village's peace is broken by a violent intrusion.

Moribito - Balsa, the spear wielder and bodyguard, is visiting the New Yogo Empire. She is hired to protect the Second Prince, Chagum, who is endangered because he is possessed by a being despised by his father, the Emperor, who ordered his assasination. The two go on a perilous adventure for the survival of the prince. Throughout the story, Balsa's past will come to light and they will uncover mysteries about Chagum's condition while developing a family-like relationship with each other and others.
    Ian Alexander Cameron Blaise Damien Cole Axel Sean Callum Bryce Lennox Beau
    Blair Annevieve Camryn Atalya Piper Caydence Tallulah Sage Senna Kai Haven Lux

I have no idea why my husband loves Pokemon so much. People are usually shocked when I tell them that I hadn't seen any Pokemon episodes or played any of the games until 2008, maybe that's partially why I really don't get why he loves it so much, lol.

I call Pokemon my lullaby because everytime he puts it on I get so bored I fall asleep :P
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

My very favorite is Cowboy Bebop, and the Jazz score is amazing! I own the whole soundtrack.

DN Angel is another good one.

Haibane Renmei was interesting, too.

Quote Originally Posted by lilauburn13 View Post
    'Core' anime changes from person to person, because some people don't care to watch the popular ones, and instead find it weird that people don't watch some of the less popular shows. I've found, for the most part, that where I live people tend to give you weird looks if you don't know anything about:

Naruto
    Bleach
    One Piece
    Fairy Tail
    Death Note
    Soul Eater
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Hetalia
    Fullmetal Alchemist (2003, diverts from manga)
    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (2009, sticks to manga)
    Inuyasha
    Thanks so much! This is exactly what I was looking for. I'll try to watch at least some episodes from all of these series.