Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thank you all for the replies! The nn is Maple and of course I would be supportive of whatever she eventually chose to go by as it's her name. I just would rather have a nn in place so if she didn't want to go by Marguerite, she might be more apt to go by Maple than another more generic nickname.

Although, fortunately, Margaret and its variations have a lot of great options so that helps. I just hated growing up with a name that other people had (though only like 1 or 2 in school) so if my kids feel that way, I want them to have another option that feels like it is unique to them.

@kkrvf my daughter's nickname is Bay and we sometimes call her Bea as she called herself that for a while. Very cute!
    Last edited by tct1219; August 28th, 2013 at 05:57 PM.
    Mom to 2 girls ♥ Bayard McConnell "Bay" & Marguerite Davis "Maple"

I am a firm believer in naming a child what it will be called.

I think that Marguerite nn. Maple could catch on if you dedicate to calling her that.

I don't think that you should name a child what they will be called. My childhood nickname was O'wild. Because of my initials. I wouldn't want to have that on a resume.

Marguerite is a perfectly lovely name and Maple is a fresh and wonderful nickname.

Quote Originally Posted by irmgard+theodorian View Post
    I think that Marguerite nn. Maple could catch on if you dedicate to calling her that.

I don't think that you should name a child what they will be called. My childhood nickname was O'wild. Because of my initials. I wouldn't want to have that on a resume.

Marguerite is a perfectly lovely name and Maple is a fresh and wonderful nickname.
    Thank you! It's nice to hear that one other person thinks so
    Mom to 2 girls ♥ Bayard McConnell "Bay" & Marguerite Davis "Maple"

Daddy's opinion often Has a lot of sway with little girls. I have name that has more than 1 common nickname. My Mom wanted to use one of the nicknames and my Dad the other. I can best illustrate by example though this is not my actual name.

The given name - Victoria Anne. Dad liked Vicky and Mom wanted to use Tori. I used both when small but by the time I reached school age, I chose Dad's nickname because his opinions held more sway than my Mom's at the time. Mom still calls me Tori but the world knows me as Vicky.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.