Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Choosing a Pseudonym

I'm drowing! I feel like I've looked at every name in existence at this point and rejected them all for one reason or another. I'm kind of obsessed with choosing names for characters, so imagine how obsessed I've become in the search for an authorial pseudonym.

The criteria I've been using:
    • Pairs with the last name of Well or Harvey. I'm open to change here.
    • Short and/or easily spelled. Ideally, it should pass the "Party Test", ie. I can say the name out loud in a crowded room and it doesn't lead to an awkward discussion of spellings and such.
    • Nothing hipsterish, yooneek, or likely to fall out of fashion very soon. Nothing that advertises "I named myself. Isn't that cute?"
    • Androgynous names preferred. I'm female and don't mind using a female name but frilly or foofy names are right out.
    • I'm attracted to names with G, J, or M in them. Dunno why! I just like them.
    • Japanese or Scandinavian names can also be included.

Many thanks to anyone who can help me with this. I'm going to hold off on mentioning any names on my short list because I want to see what other people suggest first!

I'd say Maya Wells/ Maya Harvey. It has that M sound you like, it's been used over many generations and its not too frilly. I love it! (I'm biased, though, it's my 2nd favorite name...)

Jules

Clara Lily, Rose Madeleine, Belle (need mn), Tessa Charlotte. Lucy, Emma, Elsa, Maggie, Lena, Lily, Leah, Lila, Ella, Aria, Annabel, Ivy, Charlotte, Elizabeth, Talia
    Seth Alexander, James (need mn), William Samuel. Luke, Caleb, Leo, Liam, Samuel, Jacob.
    Loving life, God, my family, my friends, books, writing, the ocean and volleyball!
    "The most wasted of days is one without laughter" - E. E. Cummings

I love the last name Harvey but maybe you could change "Well" to "Wells"?

Mary Wells
    Jo Ann Harvey/ Johanna Wells
    Olive Harvey
    Amy Wells
    Catherine Harvey (I know it could launch the whole spelling discussion, but I really like it)
    Frances Wells
    Bella Harvey

I know they don't all start with G, J, or M, but I thought you'd like them!

Thanks for the replies! (Keep 'em coming!)

I really love the name Olive but I have other plans for that one.

You're right. I'm giving serious consideration to "Wells" or dropping it altogether. I noticed that the poster above you automatically added the S, which makes me think that would be a common problem.

Quote Originally Posted by thefaultinourstars View Post
    I'd say Maya Wells/ Maya Harvey. It has that M sound you like, it's been used over many generations and its not too frilly. I love it! (I'm biased, though, it's my 2nd favorite name...)
    May or Mai was on my short list. I like that you like it!