Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which one gets your vote?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blair Violet

12 13.33%
  • Isobel/Isabel Seraphine

32 35.56%
  • Adele Ivy

9 10.00%
  • Ivy Christine

26 28.89%
  • Audrey Marlena

11 12.22%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Finally Have List of Girl Names!

Tonight I got my DH to sit down and help me make a preliminary list of girl names. We haven't spent much time at all thinking about girl names, but since we find out the gender in just a few weeks, I think it would be a good idea to at least have a starting point in case we are having a girl.

We would like the name to at least sound okay with the names of my step-children Josiah, Stella, and Emma.

These are a few combinations that we (sort of) agreed on:

Blair Violet - This is probably my husband's top pick

Isobel/Isabel Seraphine - I say Isobel, my husband says Isabel. We really like Seraphine because of the -ine ending that matches the -ine ending of his daughters' middle names (Evangeline and Catherine)

Adele Ivy - I really like the name Adele, but I wonder if it will be associated with the singer? And if so, is that a good or bad thing?

Ivy Christine - My husband prefers Ivy Christine to Ivy Seraphine, but I am a bit iffy on this one. I do like Ivy though.

Audrey Marlena - I am not completely in love with Audrey, but it is okay. Marlena is my MIL's name and I happen to think it is rather beautiful.

Opinions? Suggestions? Be honest! We are just starting this process are trying to get as much feedback as possible!
    Last edited by corajsb; August 28th, 2013 at 12:59 AM.
    Step-Mother to three lovely children - Josiah Lewis (14), Stella Evangeline (8), and Emma Catherine (4)

Expecting Baby Chicken on February 3, 2014
    It's a boy!
    Rhys Andrew, Milo Andrew, Conrad Henry, or August Henry/August Charles

Actually, after making this poll, we have come to realize how much Stella and Adele sound alike. We're going to remove that from our list of possibilities.

Does the -el sound of Isabel/Isobel sound too much like Stella?
    Last edited by corajsb; August 28th, 2013 at 01:03 AM. Reason: I'm having problems arranging words into sentences :)
    Step-Mother to three lovely children - Josiah Lewis (14), Stella Evangeline (8), and Emma Catherine (4)

Expecting Baby Chicken on February 3, 2014
    It's a boy!
    Rhys Andrew, Milo Andrew, Conrad Henry, or August Henry/August Charles

I like Audrey the best with your other children's names, but think Ivy is wonderful too. Ivy Marlena would be beautiful, and I love that it incorporates a family name.

I love Isobel Seraphine - I would've used Isobel but my niece's name is Ella - nn Elle Belle - and I think it is too similar

I also like Ivy Seraphine. I think Seraphine is such a nice name but I would never be brave enough to use it as a first name.

My vote went to Isabel Seraphine but Blair Violet is also my next favorite.

I like Ivy Seraphine better then Ivy Christine.
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle