Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Delphine - is it usable?

I'm absolutely in LOVE with the name Delphine, and the meaning (dolphin) doesn't bother me at all. (If people use the name Cecilia and don't mind that it means blind, or Mary and don't mind that it means bitter, then a name that means my favourite animal doesn't bother me in the slightest!) My only question is, how usable is Delphine? When looking at usage recently, I looked at the London Telegraph birth announcements, and it seems that only 2 babies have been named Delphine in the past 9 years.

What do you think of it? Usable or should it stay as a guilty pleasure?
    "While some of the brightest of our celestial bodies are actually extinct now, their energy long since cooled; miraculously, because they float in the heavens so far away from us now, their beautiful light will continue to shine on us forever, and the glow will be so bright, it'll warm your heart, it'll make your eyes glisten, and it'll make you think to yourselves; what a concept"

Definitely usable. Such a gorgeous name too.
    |Penelope Winter Rose | Alexander Gideon Delayne | Luna Aurora Belle | William Owen Emrys | Liliana Tallulah Grace | Micah Isaac James | Dahlia Winter Carys | Elijah Samuel Leon | Coraline Lavinia Jane | Jasper Everett Greer | Gianna Francesca Maryse | August River Jordan | Magnolia Gwyneira Hesper | Silas John Paul | Anastasia Beatrix Pearl | Leland Samuel Delayne | Artemis Elektra Victoria | Lachlan Isaiah Rhys | Arcadia Callista Maeve|

I think it could work (I love it too). There are the possible nicknames of Delphi & Phin. And if you are still unsure, use a classic/normal name in the middle which she can use later on for e.g Elizabeth, Mary
    Ingrid | Kit | Susanna | Alistair

A good friend named Delphine passed away last week. She had a beautiful, generous spirit. Very usable name.

I think it's usable.
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid ???

BOYS: Seamus Arthur or Niall/Neil/Neal James
    GIRLS: ???