Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wren: Used as a FN or MN?

Thoughts on Wren Elizabeth vs. Elizabeth Wren? Husband is starting to come around to the name Wren!

First name for sure!!! Wren Elizabeth is beautiful! Elizabeth is a gorgeous name but is so over-used. Wren is fresh, fun, beautiful and edgy! I love this name but my husband never came around. I also love the name Lark. Bird names are so pretty and cute for little girls.

Either is pretty. Wren is a little more daring than sturdy, classic Elizabeth.
    Proud mama to L. and S.E.R.

*Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Snow/ Adelaide Clover/Annabelle Violet/
    Wesley Rohan/ Hugo Phelan/August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Caius Grey*

I definitely prefer Wren as a middle. A child can always choose to go by a middle, but I'm one of those who prefers having a formal first name. Call me boring/old-fashioned/traditional, but formal names are useful for things like resumes, diplomas, etc.

I definitely prefer Wren up front, if you can get away with it! There's just something about it as a middle--it just doesn't seem to flow right, or look right. Just the flow of the letters. I think it is so much better up front, but I have it as a middle. I would have loved to use it up front, but I wasn't sure I could see me with a Wren, and I felt like Wren didn't fit so well with my fairly mainstream, long and feminine names, like Isabelle, Arianne, Olivia, Violet, Charlotte, Liliana, Hannah... I just felt that Wren might fall a bit short. But I've started adding some shorter names to my list (Eva, Tess...), so maybe Wren would fit in with those. I think Wren Elizabeth is fab, if your husband will go for it!