Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Smile Names I've heard/read recently - what do you think?

No particular reason for sharing these - just some unusual names I've heard and read recently.

Lauranne - I think that the 'nne' is unnecessary. I prefer Laura.

Antoniette - Not to be confused with Antoinette. I quite like this. I love Antonia which is similar.

Ketra - Reminds me of Katya but with a harder sound. Quite pretty but short which is nice.

Dalila - I think this might be Indian. I like it because it's similar to Dahlia but without the flower association and with a more grown-up feeling.

Noeline - I read it this name in a book. I think it's lovely.

Eliska - I like this as an alternative to Elise or Elisha. It sounds more finished than Elise and more elegant than Elisha to me.

Kalonda - I like Kalinda but I don't like the 'o' sound in Kalonda.

Demetra - like Demeter but nicer and more 'wearable' I think.

Kilia or Killia - like Killian but for a girl? I like this one.

Nuriye - I've met a few people with this name. I think it's Turkish and means 'woman of light'. I think it's great and has the potential to lead to some lovely nicknames.

Vanda - Good V-names are so hard to find! I'd heard this one before but it was nice to be reminded of it as I really like it.

Lenora - absolutely lovely I think.

Medora - a literary name - from The Age of Innocence I believe though I haven't read it. I love this name!
    Last edited by namesgloriousnames; August 28th, 2013 at 05:53 PM.
    Current favourite girls names: Verity, Eden, Cliora, Antonia, Morwen, Catriona, Dervla, Colette, Sorcha, Tahlia, Lucina, Vita (as name or short for Victoria), Zabet (as name or short for Elizabeth), Nina, Kylara, Zelda, Sabine, Eliska, Zelina

Check out my fantasy/sci-fi girls names list, you'll be surprised how 'normal' they can be! http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/29858

I have never heard a lot of these names before. Many of them look made up to me, but perhaps they're from a different culture? I know a little girl named Lenora. She's called Nora most of the time.
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid "Birdie" ???

BOYS: Seamus Arthur or Niall/Neil/Neal James
    GIRLS: ???

I live in an area with lots of people from diverse cultural backgrounds. Most of these are European I think - all but a couple (Lauranne and Medora which I saw online) I saw written down IRL with last names. I think Dalila is Indian because of the woman's last name, I think Kalonda might be African and like I said I've heard Nuriye before.

I was surprised to see so many already have pages on Nameberry though!
    Current favourite girls names: Verity, Eden, Cliora, Antonia, Morwen, Catriona, Dervla, Colette, Sorcha, Tahlia, Lucina, Vita (as name or short for Victoria), Zabet (as name or short for Elizabeth), Nina, Kylara, Zelda, Sabine, Eliska, Zelina

Check out my fantasy/sci-fi girls names list, you'll be surprised how 'normal' they can be! http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/29858

I forgot to mention - names I don't like so much!

Flo - I've seen this a couple of times as a whole name. In my mind it's a nn for Flora or Florence not a name on its own!

Maisie - This also seems like a nn. It's just too frilly and girlish to be a whole name for an adult.

Demetra, Eliska and Ketra are my favorites. I think the first time I heard the name Demetra was in spy kids. Or maybe that was Demetria, I can't remember... but still a pretty name.
    Ingrid Genevieve | Evanna Yvaine | Winifred Delphine | Saoirse Elaine
    Astra Gillian | Rose Morgana | Irene Lourdes | Danae Andromeda

Damian Orion | Simon Cornelius | Gareth Evan | William Thierry
    Edmund Abraham | Wendell Eleazar | Shepherd Phoenix