Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I just finished reading, "Revenge Wears Prada" and they named their daughter in the book Clementine Rose.

Flo makes me think of car insurance, and a "visit from Aunt Flo" .
    I like Eliska and Noeline. Elisha is a male name to me.
    I like Vanda and Demetra.
    I probably wouldn't use these name except Eliska.
    I like Antoniette, and Antonietta.

I've been reading mortal instruments city of bones and the protagonist is Clarissa nn clary like the herb clary sage, I'm not a fan of the fn or nn tbh
    Experiencing constant re-evaluation of my choices
    Gals. Lyra, Eliza, Roxanne, Penelope, Matilda, Alice, Nina
    Guys. Gabriel, Robert, Gethin, Zachary

Lauranne - prefer Lauranna if they are trying to spice up Laura

Antoniette - way better than Antonia! but think people would still say Antoinette

Ketra - Reminds me of Petra

Dalila -doesnt matter if its a name in Indian that doesnt mean the flower. it sounds the same so it will forever have the association. dont give a kid a name that sounds like something but have them know and answer the 'oh like the flower' question with 'no its indian and means something else' their entire lives.

Noeline - doesnt seem to work or roll off the tongue easily.

Eliska - i wanna say Elishka instead. depending on the complex way Russians femininze names due to familiarity with various -asha, -alila, -ishka ending you may find a great name in there.

Kalonda - like Yolanda, Shaquanda, and way to many other horrible a/onda names. the only one the seems 'real' is Rhonda

Demetra - love this name, believe i first heard it in Spy Kids 3D lol

Kilia or Killia - kids dont need kill in their name :/

Nuriye - ok, a hassle, not pretty enough to deal with

Vanda - think this would get a lot of 'did you say Wanda?'

Lenora - reminds me of Poe

Medora - since everyone seems to be clamoring for alternative -dora names id skip it. reminds me of Megara from Hercules
    i do not ignore the Rich Text toolbar provided me. i bold, italicize, enlarge, underline and CAPITALIZE for emphasis, individuality, and to capture attention among the endless Arial Standard Size Font that everyone else uses.
    i am not screaming nor will i cosset you. i do this to highlight the most important aspect of my thoughts so they are not lost again in the never ending sea of tiny, black, tempered letters that make up forums everywhere.
    ~*~ i encourage you to do the same ~*~

Quote Originally Posted by emilyva View Post
    Flo makes me think of car insurance, and a "visit from Aunt Flo"
    I don't get the car insurance thing (different countries I guess) but hahaha a visit from Aunt Flo! I forgot about that association
    Current favourite girls names: Verity, Eden, Cliora, Antonia, Morwen, Catriona, Dervla, Colette, Sorcha, Tahlia, Lucina, Vita (as name or short for Victoria), Zabet (as name or short for Elizabeth), Nina, Kylara, Zelda, Sabine, Eliska, Zelina

Check out my fantasy/sci-fi girls names list, you'll be surprised how 'normal' they can be! http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/29858