Names Searched Right Now:
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Seriously though... people name their children Ariel, Merida (virtually unheard of before the movie), Jasmine, Aurora, Briar, Belle...
    What's all the hate for Cinderella and Rapunzel about?

All these names from Shakespeare get used without a second thought and Khaleesi is being used.
    Why can't I just name my child Rapunzel?
    Last edited by giinkies; August 28th, 2013 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahmezz View Post
    Please don't name your child Rapunzel. At least you've got a lot of years in which to change your mind before you have children!
    Yes, I kind of agree with Sarah. Rapunzel is cute, but it's so very fairytaleish. And you're always so very concerned about names sounding good in Greek. Maybe Anthousa? I do like the Rapunzel fairytale, the captive soul being released is a lovely theme, but it's still a rather grim story about imprisonment, torment and depression.

Giinkies; Cinderella's the name her stepmother's given her to mock her. Not so nice. The other names aren't only belonging to these princesses; Jasmine, Ariel, Aurora, Belle. I would never name my child after Belle though(Beauty and the Beast is about the Stockholm syndrome which is nasty), nor Ariel (HC Anderson's original Little Mermaid story is deeply depressing - you shouldn't desire what you can't have) or Briar. Jasmine and Merida are kickass princesses (Merida doesn't even have a love interest!).
    Last edited by ottilie; August 29th, 2013 at 09:29 AM.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Maybe Anthousa?
    Honestly I heard this name for the first time right now . I actually find it interesting . I will have to look at it . Thanks for the suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by bellerose View Post
    Honestly I heard this name for the first time right now . I actually find it interesting . I will have to look at it . Thanks for the suggestion
    Are you seriously Greek?

The more you and giinkies reply in this thread, the more you both look like trolls.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

Quote Originally Posted by casilda View Post
    Are you seriously Greek?

The more you and giinkies reply in this thread, the more you both look like trolls.
    Seriously you think we are trolls because we like a name that you dont like ?? And who are you to doudt my nationality ??