Names Searched Right Now:
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    I wouldn't do it. I'm a pretty shy person, and I think if I had a ridiculous name like Rapunzel it would only make me more shy. Every time you introduce yourself you'd have to deal with reactions like "Really?" Also please try to think of your daughter as a grown up. Let's say she wants to be a programmer. I know some women who work in that field who already have a hard time being taken seriously due to their gender. Now imagine having to have the name Rapunzel on top of that. Maybe the right person can pull it off, but I wouldn't want to take that risk.
    Also, to me Rapunzel doesn't really have a pretty sound.
    May I suggest Persinette? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but according to wikipedia the original Grimms brothers story was based off of the story Persinette by Charlotte-Rose de Caumont de La Force. To me Persinette sounds much prettier than Rapunzel, and it loses the obvious connection.

@ esswei : I love Persinette! It even has the Percy nn which I adore!! I will google it to find more. Thanks for the suggestion :-)
    Anastasia , Elektra , Margaret " Margo " , Calla , Persephone " Sephie " , Phoebe .

Viktor , Aleksander " Alek / Sasha " , Achilles , Prometheus , Orpheus , Otto .

I'm glad you like it! I actually went to do some research myself because I wanted to make sure I wasn't giving false information, so I found these links. Apparently Persinette comes from the French word for parsley (persil) because in that variation of the fairy tale the father steals parsley from the fairy's garden (just like how in the grimm fairy tale the father steals the rapunzel plant (a form of lettuce) from the garden).

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, Let Down Your Hair by Terri Windling: Spring 2007, Journal of Mythic Arts, Endicott Studio
    The Origin and History of Rapunzel | Suite101
    The Mother In/and French Literature - Google Books

Thanks for the links !! I will look at them right now
    Anastasia , Elektra , Margaret " Margo " , Calla , Persephone " Sephie " , Phoebe .

This link : Rapunzel, Rapunzel, Let Down Your Hair by Terri Windling: Spring 2007, Journal of Mythic Arts, Endicott Studio is trully brilliant !! It makes me fall even more in love with Persinette !! She was such a brave woman who chose her own fate & find true love . The story written by Charlotte-Rose de Caumont de La Force is beautifull , its much more grown up than the others and i love the poems that are in second page !!

Really thank you for the link & for the name ( its really a tie btw Persinette & Rapunzel )