Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thoughts on the name Angelica?

She's slowly becoming my favourite girl's name (at the moment) she's just so elegant, pretty, and stylish. In my head Angelica has a really attractive sound and looks visually appealing. I also love the religious imagery that Angelica has due to the word angelic being in Angelica. I also love the connotations of nature what with Angelica being a nature name. But maybe it's just a little too goody good girl...? Could you imagine Angelica being a bad A.R.S.E what happens if little Angelica wanted to be a dare devil would her name hold her back...? Do you automatically think 'RUGRATS' when you see this name...? Do you even like Angelica...?

I mean Angelica seems really unpopular, I'm not sure as to where she ranks in the UK top 1000 names but she isn't in the top 100 and I love this obviously but could there be a reason as to why isn't being used? Is she secretly unattractive? Or has this crude attachment like the name Fanny?

So people help me do you like Angelica? Thoughts on Angelica?

Most likely her sister would be Rosalie.

Other girls names l absolutely adore right now are Carmen, Viola, Lilia, Anastasia, and Scarlett/Charlotte.

THANK YOU FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME : )
    Last edited by tori101; August 28th, 2013 at 03:46 PM.

I love the name! And it has the options of Angie or Ange for a nn, which could work for a little rebel. I haven't seen Rugrats in years--do little kids still watch it? I have an ancestor named Angelique and her name stands out on the family tree more than any other for its beauty and meaning.

Hmmmm I'm not huge fan, but I see the appeal of the name. Do you like Angelina? I like that name better. I think people could end up calling her Angie. So you should maybe also consider where or not you like that. This might be really bad but when I say Angelica it sort of sounds like Anjellyca.

Of course though the final say is ultimately up to you! And if you love it go for it!
    Boy combos: Spencer James, Levi Alexander, Zane Parker, Ace Sterling
    Boy randoms: Jonah, Ryder, William, Finn, Jude

Girl combo: Audrey Vivienne
    Girl randoms: Noelle, Zara, Reagan, Mackenna, Ava, Darah, Adrianna, Lucienne

Yeah I love the Angie nickname! I can imagine a kid causing mischief with that nickname ; ) and that's true nobody watches Rugrats any more..? I don't think it's on TV any more but I just didn't want that connection to be really strong. Thank you both for the feedback.

Angelica is gorgeous. It's lush, stylish and sophisticated and I love the way it just rolls off the tongue. I don't usually like frilly and feminine names so this is a rare exception for me. I think of the religious and nature associations before the Rugrats. Angelica and Rosalie would be a wonderful sister duo.
    All the best,
    Mischa.