Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Asher & Hazel's Little Sister

We are having our third child in October. Our other children are named Asher and Hazel.

Here are the girl names we've seriously considered so far: Mabel, Sybil, and Willa.

1) Which of the three names above is your favorite and why?

2) Please provide any other names that you think work well with our sibset.

THANKS!
    Last edited by mariner; August 27th, 2013 at 05:20 PM.

Asher, Hazel and

1) Willa - My favorite of the three with your names. Quirky, cute and somehow ties in well with the others.

Mabel - A little rhyme-y with Hazel but still kind of cute and unusual. Definitely cutting edge compared to Hazel and Asher.
    Sybil - I just don't know why but I can't get behind this name.

Willa is my favorite of your choices!

Ivy
    Violet
    Maeve
    Ruby
    June
    Olivia
    Just some other names Nymbler spit out in case you were looking for more options.

Current loves:
    thomasina louise, percival hugh

. ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙  ✶  . ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙

♥  ❝Words have meaning and names have power.❞

I also like Willa best. Here's my thinking: both Asher and Hazel are reminiscent of trees. The Ash tree, and Hazel(wood). Willa sounds a lot like Willow, but like Asher, isn't the exact word so there's a nice little distance. Mabel has that too, with maple, and works OK, and would be my second choice for you, although I think Hazel and Mabel is pretty sing songy and a little matchy matchy (it would work enough in my opinion though).

Sybil is a nice name, unexpected. It is less on-vintage-trend than the others, and doesn't seem as close to a tree, so that's why I like it as a distant third. But if I met Asher, Hazel, and Sybil, it wouldn't be some huge shock or something.

I really like all three. Willa is my favourite for the sibset for the willow tree connection. Mabel although delightful is rhymey with Hazel. Sybil is a good name but clashes with the sibset, its 1920s upper class to me.
    How about Maple? Also Rowan, Scarlett, Martha, Clementine, Lilac and Winter