Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question 2 very different names as siblings?

Could I name my first daughter Emerson Juliet (nickname Emme, pronounced M and then E) and then name my second something very girly (like Arabella)? Emerson & Arabella? Emme & Bella (they'd would go by their nicknames most of the time). I'm pretty set on using Emerson Juliet for my first or second daughter.

Arabella was just an example, although I do really like it. Please suggest middle names for Arabella (1 syllable is probably best -- but no fillers like Rose or Kate). But nothing weird or unfamiliar though, please.

Also, middle name suggestions for Nora would be great! Thanks. :-)
    Last edited by vegascountryqueen; August 27th, 2013 at 05:28 PM.

Opinions and suggestions would be awesome! :-)

You can. I think priority #1 is giving them names that will serve them well as adults. I personally prefer cohesive sibsets, but they'll be grownups most of their lives and it won't be the end of the world. I will say that having similar names can help avoid sibling name envy if one kid grows up to appreciate the other one's style better, ie "She got the feminine Lillian and you named me the surnamey Addison?" or "I got stuck with old-lady Josephine but you named her Ava?"

(I deliberately picked names that I like for the examples, so parents of Addisons and Josephines needn't be offended.)

I think so. The Juliet paired with Emerson makes it very pretty and feminine. Also, the nicknames Emme and Bella go together nicely. Emme is very girly sounding to me and would go well with a girly name. And the pp is right...they spend most of their lives as adults anyways. Make sure you just give them both names you love in my opinions!

Quote Originally Posted by brigid16 View Post
    You can. I think priority #1 is giving them names that will serve them well as adults. I personally prefer cohesive sibsets, but they'll be grownups most of their lives and it won't be the end of the world. I will say that having similar names can help avoid sibling name envy if one kid grows up to appreciate the other one's style better, ie "She got the feminine Lillian and you named me the surnamey Addison?" or "I got stuck with old-lady Josephine but you named her Ava?"

(I deliberately picked names that I like for the examples, so parents of Addisons and Josephines needn't be offended.)
    I second this and have nothing original to add.