Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I prefer Hermione, and I like its fit with Persephone. I think you could use Nia or Mona for Hermione easily.

Definitely Hermione. Hermione Granger is probably one of the most BA female literary characters ever and I lie the way it sounds with Persephone.

Harmonia reminds me of a weird smoosh between Harmony (which is rather trashy where I live) and ammonia... Not something I would want my name to be confused with.

I've got a thing for Harmonia. The daughter of Aphrodite & Ares, the Goddess of harmony. Snakes and eternal bliss and cursed necklaces. Good story. There's also the mama and maker of all the Amazons, she was called Harmonia too.

But... Hermione's amazing too. Mythical, Shakespearean and Potterean (will be a word sometime). Love Hermione, and I do think this is more usable. Which girl wouldn't want miss Granger as an association to their name? I know I would. She's fantastic. Much more of a namesake than Harmonia. Persephone and Hermione are both taking charge of their destinies, they're both epic. I feel Harmonia might fade a bit into the background.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I prefer Hermione. Harmonia I misread as Harmonica and it also sounds like ammonia.
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid ???

BOYS: Seamus Arthur or Niall/Neil/Neal James
    GIRLS: ???

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    I've got a thing for Harmonia. The daughter of Aphrodite & Ares, the Goddess of harmony. Snakes and eternal bliss and cursed necklaces. Good story. There's also the mama and maker of all the Amazons, she was called Harmonia too.

But... Hermione's amazing too. Mythical, Shakespearean and Potterean (will be a word sometime). Love Hermione, and I do think this is more usable. Which girl wouldn't want miss Granger as an association to their name? I know I would. She's fantastic. Much more of a namesake than Harmonia. Persephone and Hermione are both taking charge of their destinies, they're both epic. I feel Harmonia might fade a bit into the background.

I actually like Hermione for the reasons you've stated (and I'm a HP fanatic and admire JK Rowling, so that is a plus).

I also have Cordelia on my list, and I think Hermione links Cordelia and Persephone incredibly well.