Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    @lo I think that's what's getting me about Charlotte, the 'harshness' of it, etc. I also don't like the nn's at all. I prefer softer nn's like Mia...
    Girls: Matilda ~ Cordelia ~ Elena ~ Violet ~ Emilia ~ Catherine ~ Charlotte ~ Aurelia ~ Elaine ~ Lila

Boys: Elijah ~ Felix ~ Damon ~ Titus ~ Levi ~ Grayson ~ Declan ~ Dalton ~ Milo

I'm sorry but I do find both of these very boring.....and I have never liked the sound or feel of Catherine. I seriously don't get the hoo-ha about Charlotte either.

I have an 11yr old Kathryn who insists on being called just that - no nicknames. She loves her name, she thinks it's beautiful and so do I! There's only has one other Kathryn/Catherine in her school. Catherine is also a name that is sweet on a little girl but will also fit no matter what age, profession, or stage of life. I want to like Charlotte but something always holds me back - just not my fave.

I like both Catherine and Charlotte, and I don't find them boring - I love classic names. Charlotte would be on my own list if I didn't love Charlie more for a boy, and Catherine is on my list as both a middle (Anna Katherine) and a potential first. I think Catherine Elena Vick0ry and Charlotte Elena Vick0ry both work fine.

One word of caution though: all the Catherines/Katherines I know go by a nickname of some sort at least in part. You say you don't want nicknames for it but it's a strong possibility she could end up going by one at some point.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

Quote Originally Posted by coco1010 View Post
    @lo I think that's what's getting me about Charlotte, the 'harshness' of it, etc. I also don't like the nn's at all. I prefer softer nn's like Mia...
    Caroline which like Charlotte is a feminization of Charles strikes me as much softer than Charlotte. Caroline reminds me of Catherine as well. I also think people don't expect to nn Caroline in the same way they do Catherine.
    Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew
    Current list of favorites:
    Girls: Caroline, Emily, Grace, Mary-Grace, Lucy, Lydia, or Theresa
    Boy: Gabriel, John, Jude, Luke, Nicholas, Peter, or Thomas