Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lo View Post
    Caroline which like Charlotte is a feminization of Charles strikes me as much softer than Charlotte. Caroline reminds me of Catherine as well. I also think people don't expect to nn Caroline in the same way they do Catherine.
    Good suggestion, but I have at least 3 friends who had baby Carolines this summer
    Girls: Matilda ~ Cordelia ~ Elena ~ Violet ~ Emilia ~ Catherine ~ Charlotte ~ Aurelia ~ Elaine ~ Lila

Boys: Elijah ~ Felix ~ Damon ~ Titus ~ Levi ~ Grayson ~ Declan ~ Dalton ~ Milo

Catherine is lovely. I have a negative association w/Charlotte, though. I'm not usually one for nn's, but Cate is so classic.

I love Catherine and Charlotte. A bit difficult choice for me, but I think Catherine wins. It's such a gorgeous name - and not boring at all. All names don't need to be trendy or exotic. There's a reason Catherine is still used today
    My future ladies:
    Lý, Matilda, Lydia, Píl, Elsa, Anja, Lovisa, Flykra, Annalisa, Elisabeth & Ró

My future gentlemen:
    Ravnur, Oskar, Ùlvur & Linus

I may be a tad biased, but I don't think Catherine is boring. I like Charlotte, too, but mostly for the nicknames. I like Catherine better. And I don't think it's a name that's destined to always be shortened to a nickname, either, despite what others may say. I was always just Kathryn, until high school when I decided otherwise (and your daughter could too, but she might do that no matter what you name her), but then I switched back. No one calls me by any nickname now, except my family occasionally, but that's a cutesy nickname that has nothing to do with my real name at all.
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille and Patrick Donley (coming soon!)

If we have another...
    Seamus Arthur or Brigid Ellen

I love Catherine and do not find it boring at all! It's a beautiful name and I love Cate as a nickname.