Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What Can You Come Up With?

Sooooo...
    I found a new girls name I want to add to my signature list but.... I'm having a hard time sacrificing and old one for this new one.
    I'm being a little neurotic and want my boys list to match the girls list in length.

Aurora - Aurelia - Elva - Endora - Illyria - Lorelei - Loretta - Merida - Ofelia - Tabitha - Viola - Wisteria
    Alaric - Anton - Emmett - Erich - Felix - Hector - Hugo - Ludwig - Oscar - Victor - Vincent - ???
    (12 and 12 like the Grimm Fairytales).

Nothing feels right. I currently Benedict is the for-runner and while I love Benedict from
    "Much Ado..." the Benedict Arnold link gives me pause.

I do have a few requirements (of course): I'm not opposed to names that start with A, E, H or V but well I already have multiples and would love something different. I tend not to like names that start with K. The name needs to sound good/similar in English, German and Spanish so... while I swoon over Jasper it's not an option (probably most J names would be difficult). I like names with strong meaning or mythological/literary links. I tend to think of my name-babies as strong warriors.

Any and all suggestions are welcome. I'd love to hear the reasons you love particular names as well.
    Thanks for your help. (The usually disclaimer not pregnant or TTC just name-nutty.)
    CONSTRUCTION ZONE!!!
    maybe Endora, Dexter, Gideon & Lorelei
    Newlywed (Not TTC...yet)

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

SuzyWoo: Thank you. I do really like Caspar but it reminds me too much of the Kasperletheater (German Children's Puppet Theatre) for me to be able to really love the name. Lucien used to be on my list (well Lucian) I can't believe I forgot about it! You rock!

Otter: You are brilliant my darling. Indeed many of those you mentioned I'm sure you remember I pondered over before. Maxim, Sebastian, Frederick, Rupert, Laurence, Julius, Lorenzo are all either family names or too close to family names to really be on my list. I really like Cornelius, Tristan and Leopold -though King Leopold irks me just as much if not more than Benedict Arnold. Why is it that awesome names so often have terrible namesakes?
    CONSTRUCTION ZONE!!!
    maybe Endora, Dexter, Gideon & Lorelei
    Newlywed (Not TTC...yet)

I think it's because if you're awesomely named you become EVIL. Mwahaha! Tarquin, Nero... you see? The mama's and papa's had cunning and cleverness beaming from their fingertips, and when that turns into evil... EPIC EVIL. Yup yup. Watch that movie with monsieur Hugh Jackman and restore your faith in the name Leopold. Or, oh oh, Leonidas! Or does that sound terrible in Spanish?
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]