Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Rachel?

Rachel?

What do you guys think of Rachel, and does it seem too popular? I feel like I know a lot and I'm hearing it everywhere, but I really do love it. So, thoughts?
    ~~~~~~14 year old Canadian geek~~~~~~
    Girls:
    Alaska, Laila, Jasmine, Rachel, Amara, Daine, Anne, Sarai, Caroline, Alianne, Freya, Sophie, Coraline, Beth
    Combos: Alaska Jasmine, Alianne Inara, Laila Coraline, Freya Sarai, Anne Zaina, Rachel Amira, Amara May, Sophie Noor, Beth Aziza
    Boys:
    Avery, Rowan, Stellan, Sky, Dusk, Hart, Castiel, Alastair
    Combos: Dusk Alexander, Sky Amir, Hart Ismail

Quote Originally Posted by janna View Post
    What do you guys think of Rachel, and does it seem too popular? I feel like I know a lot and I'm hearing it everywhere, but I really do love it. So, thoughts?
    I'm a late 80's child, and I know it was popular, but I've never come across a Rachel who's my age living in my area. I knew one from Detroit MI, one from Belfast, Northern Ireland, and one from Aberdeen, Scotland, but those are the only ones I've ever known. Personally I'm not a fan, but, it is a lovely name when paired with a unique, unexpected middle name.
    Matilda Agatha Beatrice Adelaide Florence Clementine Augusta Amelia Eugenie Ottilie Antonia Francesca Araminta Cressida Rosamond Ophelia Millicent Atalanta Saffron Elspeth Orlaith Juliet India Saskia Soraya

Ashton Edward Joshua Henry Nicholas Oliver Matthew Michael Hudson Hunter Noah Daniel Callum Toby Elliott Gabriel Andrew Adam Christopher Anthony Marcus Mackenzie Walter Simon Landon Darragh Gavin

it doesnt seem popular anymore, it had a a huge surge but its gone down.

its got great history and meaning and deserves a comeback - in moderation.
    i do not ignore the Rich Text toolbar provided me. i bold, italicize, enlarge, underline and CAPITALIZE for emphasis, individuality, and to capture attention among the endless Arial Standard Size Font that everyone else uses.
    i am not screaming nor will i cosset you. i do this to highlight the most important aspect of my thoughts so they are not lost again in the never ending sea of tiny, black, tempered letters that make up forums everywhere.
    ~*~ i encourage you to do the same ~*~

Rachel is one of those almost-classics that boomed a bit in the late 70s-90s. I picture a Rachel as a 30 year old moreso than a child. It makes me think of Sarah, Amy, Jessica, Jennifer, Rebecca, ect. A lovely, solid classic, but not quite so timeless as Margaret, Mary, Elizabeth, May, ect. It was very popular in my area when I was growing up. I don't hear it as much anymore. I like it, but it doesn't thrill me.