• Oliver Darling

46 48.94%
  • Simon Darling

24 25.53%
  • Oscar Darling

24 25.53%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Vote the Best Fit - Due This Week!

Which name is the best fit with surname Darling? Sister's name is Rowan. Thank for your input!

Love Simon Darling! I think Oliver Darling is great, too, but Simon got my vote.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

i prefer Oliver and Simon, but Oscar sounds best to me with your surname.
    i do not ignore the Rich Text toolbar provided me. i bold, italicize, enlarge, underline and CAPITALIZE for emphasis, individuality, and to capture attention among the endless Arial Standard Size Font that everyone else uses.
    i am not screaming nor will i cosset you. i do this to highlight the most important aspect of my thoughts so they are not lost again in the never ending sea of tiny, black, tempered letters that make up forums everywhere.
    ~*~ i encourage you to do the same ~*~

I think they all sound absolutely fine with the last name! Do you have the middle picked to help break the tie?

Thanks for the votes and comments so far!

Oliver: I like the flow the best, and the tree name factor works with Rowan, but this one is so popular right now. He'd definitely be an Oliver D in school. I find myself rolling my eyes a bit when I hear people use *the* top name that year, so why would I do that myself?

Simon: 2-2 syllable flow isn't as ideal, but that doesn't bug me too much. My only qualm is that Simon and Rowan have similar sounding endings.

Oscar: I think the name has a lot of charm, but when I googled it, all these articles about academy awards favourites came up, i.e. "this year's Oscar darling is Jennifer Lawrence" and now I'm having a hard time seeing it any other way.

Was hoping the poll could give us another tool to make a choice.

Middle name will be John, after my dad.