Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

wdyt of Auriana ?

What do you think when you hear Auriana?
    Do you honestly line it?
    How would you pronounce it
    - some places pronounce the 'au' as a 'o'?

I used to work with an Aurianna, so I instinctively think of her. She pronounced it ar-ee-ah-nah, so that's how I say it, too. I like the traditional spelling--Ariana (and I can even take Arianna, but I do prefer Ariana vastly)--but I'm not a huge fan of Auriana/Aurianna. But in general I am a fan of the name. The very similar Arianne (air-ee-anne) is my second favorite girls' name.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I'd go with Au- (like at the beginning of Aurora) and considering I already have Aurora and Aurelia on my list one would think I'd take to Auriana like a moth to flame... but alas, it always feels like a smoosh name to me. Like a mix of Aurora and Adrianna. jnms.
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

Eh, I don't like it. Never been a fan of the Ar- sound. Aria, Ariadne, etc...

Current loves:
    thomasina louise, percival hugh

. ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙  ✶  . ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙

♥  ❝Words have meaning and names have power.❞

I want it to grow on me but I theres something about the sound of it holding me back. Maybe its the ar sound your suggesting ballonsforellie