Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lane?

Lane?

What are you opinions on the name Lane for a boy?

I think of Lane Price from the series Mad Men. I quite liked his character (even though he tragically killed himself).

That's the only association I have with the name. I think it has a tendency to sound a little feminine, so I would pair it with a traditionally masculine middle name.

My roommate's boyfriend is named Lane! It isn't feminine at all. I like it.
    Simon, Eloise, Faye, Judah, Thea, Marina, Felix, Iris, Cordelia, Roscoe, Lydia, Jasper, Phaedra, Adrian, Lucinda, Jane, Wallace, Finnegan, Sylvie, Charlie, Juniper, Atlas, Matilda, Julian, Alice, Marlowe, Octavia, Jack, Marigold, Ruby Louise, Archer, Violet, Gabriel, Persephone, Dov, Louisa

Just a grad student, dreaming ahead...

I always think girl, because Lois Lane. It could easily work as a nickname for a boy, I think, but I'm not sure what boy's name would give you Lane.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

I love it. I may be biased as my hubby's name is Lane ( spelt Layne though). To me its very flattering. Hubby is a very outdoorsy type guy and his parents actually got the name out of a hunting magazine! So to me it is not feminine at all if that is your worry. His middle name is Wesley and I think it flows very nicely.