• Axelle Juliette

5 11.36%
  • Charlotte Ariane

15 34.09%
  • Ondine Lisette

10 22.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Ashley, I am glad you like the names. The pronunciation of Amélie is somewhat between "mill" and "may", and it is rather difficult to explain and hard for some Americans to get the perfect pronunciation, but it is usually close to it. Odette and Camille are lovely, but are already used with close family. Isabelle and Charlotte are at the top of the "bilingual" list for us, I think that a easy translated name for the first name and a traditionally French name for her middle name. It is good to see someone to appreciate the French names, hopefully there are many of yourself
    Merci beaucoup
    Emy

Quote Originally Posted by emy_crivisier View Post
    Ashley, I am glad you like the names. The pronunciation of Amélie is somewhat between "mill" and "may", and it is rather difficult to explain and hard for some Americans to get the perfect pronunciation, but it is usually close to it. Odette and Camille are lovely, but are already used with close family. Isabelle and Charlotte are at the top of the "bilingual" list for us, I think that a easy translated name for the first name and a traditionally French name for her middle name. It is good to see someone to appreciate the French names, hopefully there are many of yourself
    Merci beaucoup
    Emy
    De rien!

Hopefully you can find the perfect blend! I'm finding that a lot of Americans seem to be quite illiterate when it comes to anything French (and it seems like there's a movement taking Americans away from the beautiful French culture and more toward Spanish everything. There's nothing wrong with Spanish culture--I just wish more Americans appreciated French! It's such a beautiful language and culture. For what it's worth, I think Madeleine and Lise/Lisette would transition very well, also. Most Americans seem to prefer Madelyn or Madeline, but there are quite a few name nerds who truly love the French spelling, and it's high enough on the SSA list that I would assume people could figure it out.