Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Fiona is one of my current favorite names... But sometimes I'm not sold on it, and I think it's because of the 'fee' part- the way it feels (ahrgh!) when I say it. I keep wanting to give it a 'th' sound instead, and perhaps may prefer Leona to Fiona, avoids the whole f problem.
    I also love coraline so much, but whenever I say it aloud I sound waaaaay more southern than I am. Cora-laahhn. I guess I have the same accent when I say Caroline, but it doesn't bug me as much when I hear myself say that. (I might be placing the stress on the first syllable of Caroline more than with coraline).
    Going off the hard c theme, I adore chloe until I say it aloud. The chl sound makes me feel like my throat is fleghmy (sp?).
    I have trouble also with Audrey. Sometimes I say it odd-ry and sometimes odge-ry, and that bugs me. Not enough not to use the name (as is the case with all of the names actually...)

YES. Elodie and Ottilie are this for me. I have a very flat New York Jew/New England private college accent which does terrible things to otherwise beautiful names. Elodie comes out "Ella-dee" and Ottilie, alas, becomes "Oddly".

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

This is me with Katherine. It sounds so sweet in my head, and on paper it looks lovely and feminine, but out loud it just doesn't sound as nice.

Jules

Clara Lily, Rose Madeleine, Belle (need mn), Tessa Charlotte. Lucy, Emma, Elsa, Maggie, Lena, Lily, Leah, Lila, Ella, Aria, Annabel, Ivy, Charlotte, Elizabeth, Talia
    Seth Alexander, James (need mn), William Samuel. Luke, Caleb, Leo, Liam, Samuel, Jacob.
    Loving life, God, my family, my friends, books, writing, the ocean and volleyball!
    "The most wasted of days is one without laughter" - E. E. Cummings

Adira for me.
    Personal Favorites: Mira Cairdeas and Darrow Paine

Best Wishes To All

Ahuh, most certainly.

In my head I love the names Adela, Liadan, Fergus etc But I hate saying them out loud because they don't sound so nice when I pronounce them. I have heard other people pronounce them beautifully though, it might be the accent.
    Ingrid | Kit | Susanna | Alistair