Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I feel like this with a lot of names I describe as "mouthy" because it feels like I'm chewing on them when I try to say them.
    Some I like and some I don't: like Maude, Maeve, Tallulah, Vivienne, Eloise, Aurelia, Claudia, Esme, Aurora, Anthea, Graham, Francesca
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I don't know. I think sometimes it can feel awkward when saying a name for the first time, like your mouth needs to learn how to say it. Probably the more you say it, the more natural it will feel.
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille and Baby #2 due April 8th - It's a BOY!

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid ???

BOYS: Seamus Arthur, Niall/Neil/Neal Thomas
    GIRLS: Fiona Corinne, Gwen ???

Yes! Jacoby is like that for me. I love the way it looks, but when I say it out loud, something just feels a bit off.
    Step-Mother to three lovely children - Josiah Lewis (14), Stella Evangeline (8), and Emma Catherine (4)

Expecting Baby Chicken on February 3, 2014
    It's a boy!
    Rhys Andrew, Milo Andrew, Conrad Henry, or August Henry/August Charles

Hahahah yes! I was IN LOVE with the name Claire when I was a preteen... and then one day I said "I love the name Claire" and as it came out of my mouth, I wanted to immediately take it back and say, "never mind" :/ SO disappointing! It's pretty name, I like it when other people say it but it just does not jive with my mouth and how I hear myself talk.

I had the opposite issue last week. I couldn't stand the name Calliope, I don't like how it looks, I hate how it looks like "callie-ope-ee" to me, and yet, I said to my mom (trying to convince her she should have used Frances as my middle name, "You could have named me Calliope Frances and I would have been happy... ohhhh wow! Calliope Frances actually sounds amazing" *sigh* I don't like Calliope still, but my distaste for it has vanished and I do love the sound of it coming from my mouth even though I still read "callie-ope-ee".
    Lucia
    travel. teach. learn.
    20-something, name aficionada
    Sela, Vivian and Bastian "Baz", Fletcher

Quote Originally Posted by corajsb View Post
    Yes! Jacoby is like that for me. I love the way it looks, but when I say it out loud, something just feels a bit off.
    It's funny you say this. Jacobe (pronounced like Jacoby jah-COH-bee) is a family name for me. I know it's only a slight change from Jacob, but it's a huge difference in my head and out loud.

For me, a lot of the names on my list were like this. Arthur is one. LOVE the name, the history, and how it's so strong. But I couldn't get over its feel out-loud and the inevitable "Artie" that would come from it. Martin was similar and also Douglas. Great name, but I couldn't see myself with a son named Doug. Maybe if we called him Duke?
    Mom to Sylvia Caron and Linus Roman