Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Has anyone else encountered this?

I love some names, but only when I say them in my head. When I say them out loud, it just sounds strange and foreign in my mouth. I can't possibly use a name that only sounds good in my head, right? Does anyone else have this problem? The thought expectation of the name is not meeting the verbal results!

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye

Oh man, YES!!

They are what I refer to as the names I love, "on paper", because when I say them out loud it sounds like I'm trying to hard too say them right. Its incredibly frustrating!
    Leo Sebastian l Ronan Alexander

current loves
    Felix l Finn l Hugo l Heath l Fern l Veda l Tui l Blythe

Thats exactly how I feel about the name Dashiel...Love the name on paper & in my head, in theory I feel it fits my sibset, love the nn Dash, but when I say it out loud, I feel like I am trying to say a name I dont know how to pronounce!

Yes, yes yes, completely! Ienipa and Eiola are the ones that spring to mind immediately (they happen to be two of the slightly more unusual ones of my list) - I just feel there is something missing when I say them out loud... I'm glad someone else feels the same way though!

GIRLS: Carlotta Miriam BenedikteMarguerite Airlie SusannahElisabet Ruth Frederica

Car Baby Tuppence Zosia Mabel---------------------------------------------Recent Fancies: Hamish Idris February & Vivian Tamsin Blythe

Yes! For me it's Conrad. When I actually say it, the -rad part gets overemphasized and I don't like it. In my head it's so handsome!
    Mom to baby Leo