Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    It's on our short list. I pronounce it "CAL-en" and don't mind the nickname "Cal". I think it is coming to the forefront with Chris O'Donnell's character on NCIS. It's his last name, but I guess he goes by it.

Thank you all! I pronounce it CAL-in as well. And I actually love the NCIS connection- one of our favorite shows! The original, not LA... But still. Thanks for the positive feedback!

I would be concerned about the popularity of Kellan, getting it mixed up. I also have loved the name Callum for years, and I think it is keeping me from liking this name because I just feel like I'm saying Callum wrong.

But I think it's a good name. I think it's familiar enough, but different to be liked and remembered by people. I think most people would pronounce it Cal-in.

Callen's a pretty trendy name. It's not my typical style but I can't help but love the name. I do think Callen on NCIS:LA helps me love the name. On the show, Chris O'Donnell's character doesn't know his first name, only the first initial, which is G.

I pronounce it CAL-in.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

Quote Originally Posted by mamabear87 View Post
    I would be concerned about the popularity of Kellan, getting it mixed up. I also have loved the name Callum for years, and I think it is keeping me from liking this name because I just feel like I'm saying Callum wrong.
    It's so funny you say this, I feel the same way about Callum! I love the look of it, but I just feel like it doesn't sound right coming out. I always say it twice when I say it, thinking I said it wrong the first time, but then it comes out just the same and it was right after all.

Anyway, back to the OP--I like Callen--I say it just like Allen but with a C. I think that's fairly intuitive. I do prefer Kellan, though. But from what I've learned on this site, I like trendy names. :/