Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Top 3

Top 3

I know I have posted similar posts but what are your thoughts about the 3 names below?

Emma Elizabeth- Emma has been a long time favorite despite popularity for about 11 years. However best friend's sister just named her baby Emma Grace. I have been trying to mourn the name Emma for 9 months and find a new love. I do see her sister a few times a year. NN would be Emma Bird.

Lucy Elizabeth- Lucy has been a new favorite for the past month or so. I love the meaning and appreciate the name more and more. The full first name would be Lucy. NN would be Lucy Bird

Elizabeth no middle name yet NN Birdy or Betty. Give up the first two and choose a short middle name like Ann, Claire, Jane or Wren. Husband will not agree to Wren Elizabeth or that would be on the list too!

Thanks!

Elizabeth Wren is super adorable and nn Birdie would be cute.

What about Elizabeth Emma?

Lucy is lovely and I like it a lot, but you shouldn't give up on a name you love just because an acquaintance used it. Especially since it's a popular name.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I am one to cross out names if they so much as get near the top 100 so feel free to ignore me but I think if you truly love a name, popularity shouldn't matter. And that sister of your friend shouldn't matter either (especially if you only see her a few times a year). Emma is a classic name, it may always be popular but never trendy. I think you should go with what you love even if you meet more Emmas. Like I said, I do cross out names if they get super popular, but I feel like this helps me see if I truly love a name enough to get past its popularity. Like for instance if I loved the names Emma and Isabella, and I saw they were getting really popular, I would cross them off. But then a few days later I would start to miss Emma and feel like putting it back on. After feeling like that I would put Emma back on, but I wouldn't put Isabella back on because crossing it off didn't 'haunt' me, you know? (I only do this with top 200 names by the way, if I did it with every name I have on my list, no names would get eliminated) haha maybe it's just pregnancy hormones making me crazy, but I think you get my point....

Emma Elizabeth is very pretty but it reminds me of is Emily Elizabeth from the Clifford the Big Red Dog Show/Book. But that's not a bad association though. Emma Bird/Birdie is the cutest nickname ever.

As much as I love the name Lucy, I really believe Emma is your 'haunting' name. (Being crazy again aren't I?)

Sorry I got a little too much into this haha :P
    ~♥~ Amanda ~♥~
    A proud mom to one little monkey named Cato

Quote Originally Posted by jc2 View Post
    I know I have posted similar posts but what are your thoughts about the 3 names below?

Emma Elizabeth- Emma has been a long time favorite despite popularity for about 11 years. However best friend's sister just named her baby Emma Grace. I have been trying to mourn the name Emma for 9 months and find a new love. I do see her sister a few times a year. NN would be Emma Bird.

Lucy Elizabeth- Lucy has been a new favorite for the past month or so. I love the meaning and appreciate the name more and more. The full first name would be Lucy. NN would be Lucy Bird

Elizabeth no middle name yet NN Birdy or Betty. Give up the first two and choose a short middle name like Ann, Claire, Jane or Wren. Husband will not agree to Wren Elizabeth or that would be on the list too!

Thanks!
    Hmm...
    Emma Elizabeth - I think I've already said that Emma Elizabeth is a great name. Emma despite her popularity always feels fresh and wholesome. I also love the Emmy nickname for Emma, I just think Emma is one of those names you can't go wrong with. Emma is a sweet choice. But the whole friend issue is troubling.

Lucy Elizabeth - Ah I hate Lucy she's so popular in my eyes and reminds me of the word 'loose' which is just unattractive.

Elizabeth - A pretty name, very elegant and demure. A great classic with a range of awesome nicknames such as Eliza, Lizzie, Beth, Liz, Betty, Bessie, and Betsy a nickname that matches a variety of vibes that you may try to achieve. Elizabeth is just lovely. I love Elizabeth Claire and Elizabeth Jane their such classic combinations. Elizabeth Wren is cool and intriguing but if hubby doesn't agree you should eliminate. Elizabeth Ann is my Irish Grandma's mum so I like it, but she isn't as pretty as Claire and Jane.

My suggestion Elizabeth Emma. You get to keep your beloved Emma but it eliminates the friend issue as Emma is a middle name. Elizabeth Emma doesn't have such a great flow as Emma Elizabeth but still she's elegant and has a wholesome vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by mandanyx View Post
    I am one to cross out names if they so much as get near the top 100 so feel free to ignore me but I think if you truly love a name, popularity shouldn't matter. And that sister of your friend shouldn't matter either (especially if you only see her a few times a year). Emma is a classic name, it may always be popular but never trendy. I think you should go with what you love even if you meet more Emmas. Like I said, I do cross out names if they get super popular, but I feel like this helps me see if I truly love a name enough to get past its popularity. Like for instance if I loved the names Emma and Isabella, and I saw they were getting really popular, I would cross them off. But then a few days later I would start to miss Emma and feel like putting it back on. After feeling like that I would put Emma back on, but I wouldn't put Isabella back on because crossing it off didn't 'haunt' me, you know? (I only do this with top 200 names by the way, if I did it with every name I have on my list, no names would get eliminated) haha maybe it's just pregnancy hormones making me crazy, but I think you get my point....

Emma Elizabeth is very pretty but it reminds me of is Emily Elizabeth from the Clifford the Big Red Dog Show/Book. But that's not a bad association though. Emma Bird/Birdie is the cutest nickname ever.

As much as I love the name Lucy, I really believe Emma is your 'haunting' name. (Being crazy again aren't I?)

Sorry I got a little too much into this haha :P
    Thank you for your insight! Yes Emma does haunt me! When I see my friends new niece I get sad and think that Emma is not our name anymore...and then a day or 2 later it's music to my ears/heart when I see it written or spoken in certain way outside of any references to the new baby Emma.

Elizabeth (NN Bird or Birdy) will be in the name somewhere if we have the opportunity to have a girl!

Lucy is timeless short, sweet and a little spunky and could def work but would I be settling is the part I don't know.