Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    You don't have amber there?
    Excludes my top 7 girls and top 7 boys names.

girls reserve list - Lucia(loo-see-a) - Orla -Kitty (katherine) - Iris - Celia - Ilona(ee-low-na)

boys RL - Caspar - Tristan - Rowan - Charles (not charlie)

Note: Official names in brackets and they are just that 'official'.

Aside from the debate about strippers' motives, virtues, and socio-economic status going on here, this could be a decent name game. I'm going to answer this question as if Jonathan Larson was asking for suggestions for stripper / drag queen names for his new musical. (Funny, I don't like the names Mimi or Angel much at all, although I love most everything else about Rent.) I'm not saying that any of these are trashy or would be bad on a child; rather, I just think they would sound cool as stage names.

Ivory
    Teak
    Mahogany
    Cherry (I like the expensive wood aspect but perhaps the double entendre is just too much...)
    Cherie
    Armani
    Lux
    Sapphire, Jade, Diamond, Amethyst, Ruby...any precious stone
    Platinum
    Azure / Azura
    Astra

Now that I think about it, Angel might be the most masculine name that would fit for that character...Charity and Charis are the only other things I can think of

I don't care for the completely ironic virtue names like Chastity, Temperance, or Virginia
    Last edited by iamamiam; August 27th, 2013 at 12:03 AM.
    Personal Favorites: Mira Cairdeas and Darrow Paine

Best Wishes To All

Quote Originally Posted by augusta_lee View Post
    Given that strippers are human beings, I would assume their names are representative of generational demographics. Just like everyone else.
    My parents are middle class but I'm still Ebony. I agree and disagree with this though I think I'm going to have to stay out of it.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Deacon☆Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆

One of the girls I went to high school with became a stripper. I hear she goes by Pussy Willow. Is that on the list?
    No offense, but this thread is boring. Every few months someone decides it would be so interesting and creative to create a thread about stripper names....

Quote Originally Posted by augusta_lee View Post
    Given that strippers are human beings, I would assume their names are representative of generational demographics. Just like everyone else.
    Well, given names, yes. But also, picking a stage name comes with a different set of rules than naming a baby or a fictional character, and I actually think it's kind of fun to talk about in a general name nerd way.

And, like the op said, posters here often comment that a name sounds like a stripper name, when what they mean is that a name sounds trashy or hypersexual. I do think it's worth showing that strippers use many very cool and respectable names as stage names. The term "stripper name" is used inaccurately in the forums here. I def appreciate the op addressing that.

Features of a good stage name:
    easy to hear correctly in a loud room
    easy to say in many languages
    easy for the dj to pronounce correctly
    not used by another dancer in the club
    starts conversation
    memorable
    conjures a persona that it is fun for the dancer to inhabit

Possible good features of a stage name
    -doesn't remind customers of someone they know. This is a reason to choose something very rare/ made up/ new/ extravagant or a word name. (Alternately, some dancers deliberately choose names that were trendy in a previous era, bc this might remind customers of their first girlfriend, highschool crush, etc.)
    -glamorous/ silly/ hypersexual/ fun (Alternately, some (many) dancers choose very real sounding names bc their hustle is making the pretense of authenticity.)
    -versatile in vibe (Some dancers like to become a different person with every customer. Some dancers have one very specific hustle.)
    Last edited by lemonthistle; August 27th, 2013 at 12:42 AM. Reason: grammar. doh.