Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I think your list is awesome and accurate and you seem really respectful. However,

"Most strippers are from sexually abusive backgrounds or drug addicted. I don't judge women who have had a hard knock life so harshly."

I haven't found that to be true. There are a lot of reasons to be drawn to the work. Some of us like the money/ flexibility because we are artists/ students/ want to travel/ have expensive hobbies/ are single moms/ this is a jobless recovery. You seem to be coming from a place of empathy, which I definitely appreciate, and for sure some dancers are not in a good place. Most is a big word, though. And the negative stereotypes out there about us being pathetic trainwrecks are duhumanizing in addition to being inaccurate. I have found that most strippers are more vivacious, pragmatic, witty, tough, empathetic, and clever than the general population, whatever happened or is happenning now in our lives outside of work.

"Strippers tend to pick whimsical, naturey, exotic, or trendy names. Madison is probably the most common stripper name I know of. Ginger is also pretty common."

Yup.

"I have known strippers with my first and middle names and have no doubt there are plenty if strippers named Diana, and I plan to name my daughter that. \

I haven't met any strippers named Joann, Mary, Margarite, Mabel, Etc. That doesn't mean those are better names."

I had a manager named Joanne. I have danced with a Marie.

So....Just wondering WHY you are collecting stripper names?
    current favorite names:

Hugo/Zac/Eero/Reeve/Rafferty/Evander/Otto/Ralph/Otis/Rupert

Hattie/Reeva/Matilda/Winnie/Priya/Lola/Indigo/Thea/Mela

I agree with @ella17... why are stripper names being collected?

In all seriousness (like @lemonthistle said), I know highly educated (from top universities in America) women who are very sexually liberated and just do this business for the fun of it when they are young. You really don't know where the other person is coming from...
    it's like that song Hotel California "Some dance to remember, Some dance to forget". (and no I wasn't trying to be cheesy, no pun intended)

People do things for different reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by shvibziks View Post
    How have names like Madison, Eve, Ebony, Tamara, Savannah, Scarlett, Bella, Anastasia, Desiree, Kimberly etc. made it to your list of "stripper names"? Apart from a few exceptions (Candy, Cookie, Diamond, Jewel), I honestly don't associate the majority of those names with pole dancing at all. I don't know, I think it's kinda rude to mark some names as "stripper names" (which isn't really the most flattering mark on a name). In theory, any name could be a "stripper name".
    Yeah, well it just seems to me like none of you know many strippers. I think you ticked off the MOST common names on the list, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by rhiatayler View Post
    I saw someone suggested Electra and Raina and Im just sitting here like.. what?
    A variation of my name is actually on the OP list. I fail to see how Angel, Anastasia, Eve, Madison, Tamara, Jasmine, Roxanne, Savannah, and Jewel are stripper names, as they have all been on my list at one point or another. Perhaps most ridiculous is Bella... Isnt that in the top ten? Well if these are "stripper" names, I guess I have a stripper name, and so will my daughter. I mean Ruby? Really? Next im gonna hear Pearl too, right? I mean you might as well add my whole list if Madison and Kimberly qualify.
    LOL, Electra is a very popular name for strippers. Haven't you heard of Carmen Electra? Raina I have never heard of; I think the person who suggested it is a wee bit young to know a bunch of strippers. Yeah, I think that the point I might be making here without meaning to is that a lot of times I see names get shot down as stripper names when the vast majority of people who would use this claim don't even know any strippers. If the name is exotic, whimsical, or trendy, it is probably a stripper name. I just named off the ones I could remember.

So what? You guys really are offended by that, and like I said I intended no offence. The point is not everyone knows and associates a name with stripping just because the name happens to be common in the industry.