Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ella17 View Post
    So....Just wondering WHY you are collecting stripper names?

Bc the names can be fantastic. And it's fun. The same reasons to make lists of any other kind of name.

Quote Originally Posted by ella17 View Post
    So....Just wondering WHY you are collecting stripper names?
    Because I keep seeing people talk about what is a stripper name. I assumed rather incorrectly that this meant people know what stripper names are.

Then I hope I have helped people realize that having a stripper name is not the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by rhiatayler View Post
    Ok, well then if every name has been used as a stripper name at least once, why even stereotype any name as a stripper name? Theyre just names, right? So then no name is a stripper name because strippers have apparently used every one, or all names are stripper names and the general population just isnt aware their daughter/sister/mother kate has a stripper name?

I think the point im trying to make is that if there are strippers named Madison and Mary, whose to say what names are stripper names? Why are you even compiling a list if every name ever is going to end up on it?

And another thing; no ive never met a stripper, and no i have nothing against them. Why should i care what someone else chooses to do with their lives? I never said strippers couldnt be educated, but why name yourself Madison if youre looking to be exotic? Little off the mark.
    I find stripper names tend to be fun. It's really not that complicated. You guys are making this way too complicated and getting really hung up on it. I have a name some people call ghetto, for example, and especially people who don't KNOW what ghetto is. They throw the word out there "ghetto", and it just shows me how ignorant they are.

A good example is the name Mercedes. I LOVE this name, even though it's used by tons of strippers, it's a classy name to me. And unquestionably stripperish.
    Last edited by verminator; August 27th, 2013 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonthistle View Post
    Bc the names can be fantastic. And it's fun. The same reasons to make lists of any other kind of name.
    I'm really feeling kind of bad here. I didn't think this through before starting the thread, that it would get under people's skin so much. Also, I feel like a terrible person for snickering at all these stripper-a$$ names some people have and don't even realize it. It's not that the names are stripperish, it's how offended people are that I'd even suggest it. Like, on one hand I feel bad that I offended them, on the other hand I think their reason for being offended is actually rather judgmental and offensive to me and women they don't know! I am not making any pals here, that's for sure:-(

Anyways, I forgot about Mackenzie and Mikayla, too. Both cute names. And very strippery.

Given that strippers are human beings, I would assume their names are representative of generational demographics. Just like everyone else.
    Simon Valor | Eloise Lily | Judah Sage | Thea Marina | Felix Orion | Iris Cordelia | Roscoe Benjamin | Lydia Wren | Jasper Conroy | Phaedra Naomi | Adrian Bruno | Lucinda 'Indie' Jane | Wallace Finnegan | Sylvie Winifred | Charles 'Charlie' Elliot | Juniper Faye | Julian 'Jules' Atlas | Matilda Sailor | Marlowe Charles | Alice Elizabeth | Jack Mariner | Marigold 'Maggie' Susan

Just a grad student, dreaming ahead...