Names Searched Right Now:
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by taz View Post
    If I were to pick a stage name for myself it would probably be Cherish or Heather Angel. One is a Madonna song & one is a Sonic Youth song. They have the right super-sweet sound & remind me of music that I've loved forever so they make me happy. Instead of listing names that you all think sound "stripperish" maybe it would be more fun if we picked the stage name that we would choose
    There are just too many teenagers on this site for me to encourage that.

Quote Originally Posted by taz View Post
    If I were to pick a stage name for myself it would probably be Cherish or Heather Angel. One is a Madonna song & one is a Sonic Youth song. They have the right super-sweet sound & remind me of music that I've loved forever so they make me happy. Instead of listing names that you all think sound "stripperish" maybe it would be more fun if we picked the stage name that we would choose

That's a great idea. It's mean to mock people's names for any reason. We are on this site to celebrate names. Also, we might consider the larger social forces at play before shaming women or their names as trashy. That shit is straight up misogyny and an abuse of class privilege.

I'd love to hear the persona people would inhabit w their chosen name, too. For instance, would you be a punk rock godess? I like all of your proposed names! Music references are perfect. Cherish I haven't heard before but it is exactly perfect.

I like when dancers have a full fake name, especially if it's a little punny.
    I know of a dancer named Poppy Cox. She has a really cool old hollywood look.
    Berlin Wall- I just like this. It's unexpected and funny. But surprisingly feminine.
    Valentina- her outfits are mostly lace and she does the glamorous angle well, red lipstick and simple shoes.

Last night I had an interesting conversation with my fiance about this topic. I decided to ask him, out of curiousity, what names he defines as "stripper" names.

And the first thing he said was Ruby. I adore the name Ruby, which is besides the point. The point was he said even though the name is associated as being stripperish, it doesnt make it a bad name. And, I realize thats really all verminator has been trying to say. It just really gets under my skin when names are stereotyped, but I do agree that just as some people took offense to seeing their name on the list, women who actually do this for a living take offense to us taking offense.

And so, on that note, I owe everyone an apology too. I have nothing against strippers, never have, and Im sorry if it may have come off that way. I hope I didnt horribly offend anyone, although this thread has seemed to cause a lot of controversy both ways.

So lastly, i saw someone suggested we pick our own stripper names as a fun game, and I have to say, if I were a stripper I would undoubtebly be "Xanthe".

And there you have it. Im sorry if anyone took offense to me using Xanthe, im not labeling it "stripperish" that would be kind of hypocritical and besides I adore the name. It just sounds exotic and maybe a little sexy to me, which, according to lemonthistle makes the perfect stage name.
    |Penelope Winter Rose | Alexander Gideon Delayne | Luna Aurora Belle | William Owen Emrys | Liliana Tallulah Grace | Micah Isaac James | Dahlia Winter Carys | Elijah Samuel Leon | Coraline Lavinia Jane | Jasper Everett Greer | Gianna Francesca Maryse | August River Jordan | Magnolia Gwyneira Hesper | Silas John Paul | Anastasia Beatrix Pearl | Leland Samuel Delayne | Artemis Elektra Victoria | Lachlan Isaiah Rhys | Arcadia Callista Maeve|

I was never offended to see my name on here. I know it's sort of stripperish. Especially my whole name and my sisters whole name. My mom didn't think things through >.< I was going to be an Alexander Nathaniel, what happened mom!?

Anyway, this has actually been a really interesting thing to read. I've never met a stripper, but we are thinking of going to a trip club for my guy friends birthday next week so maybe I'll post the names I see when I'm there :P

If I were a stripper (and let me tell you with the cost of college the thought has crossed my mind...before I remember I'm not skinny or good looking enough, besides the fact that I'm in transition to and am horribly uncomfortable with my female body) I'd be Andromeda or Lunshea (loon-shay). Ones all starry and exotic and the other means moon fairy. They are wonderful names both on my long list, but if I were reinventing myself as a female stripper and needed a stage name, there it is.

Now since I'm transitioning, like I said up there, I'll add my stripper stage name if I was a male stripper. I'd be one of these -- Zephyr, Blaise, Greyson (you know, 50 shades and Grey and stuff :P ) , Phoenix, or maybe Dante (which is actually in a combo I'm actually using)

It should be noted that I have every one of those names on my long list. Dante is in a combo I'm planning on actually using, Lunshea was used as the middle name of the main female character in the novel I'm in the process of publishing, a version of Zephyr is in a girl combo of mine so I obviously don't find these names 'tainted' or anything since I just named my stripper self these things :P
    Last edited by dantea; August 27th, 2013 at 08:30 PM.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Wow, this thread sure took a left turn.

I've been told many of my favorites make people think of strippers. I don't know any strippers personally, but apparently nature names and word names are stripperish. I've heard that Fox, Blaise, and Jasper are fine on a boy but on a girl they become provocative. I can understand Fox, but Jasper and Blaise? Someone commented that Lotus was too sexual to use as a name and I was floored. Lotus is sexual!? How is it different from Rose or Violet?

Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Fox * Greer
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Linden * Arden