Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Ceridwen is so beautiful and i love Winnie as an nn.
    I also love Briar-Rose though prefer it without the hyphon.
    Ceridwen just sounds so amazing i would love to meet one.
    Briar-Rose is totally useable, with all the other names i've been hearing this seems tame.
    Teenage Name Lover with a unhealthy addiction to LOTR

Kitty | Adele | Rose
    Benedict | Percy | Asa

(\_/)
    (o.o)
    (><) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Quote Originally Posted by kala_way View Post
    I don't really love Ceridwen, but I much prefer it to Briar-Rose.

Honestly, to me it's like naming your child Brer-Rabbit, Brer-Fox or even Prince Charming.

It's not that Briar can't be an okay name on it's own. It's not that Rose isn't lovely. It's not that you can't name your kid after a character.

It's that it's not an actual name. It's a place where she lived being used as a way to identify her. Like Subway Jack or Frontier Davy Crockett or Loch Ness Monster.

I guess the closest connection would be Meadow-Lark, because at least that's pretty. Both can be used as names in a sense, but together they are rather extreme to use as a name for a real person.
    I totally see where you're coming from, but I don't personally see this as a problem. Yes, they created Briar and Rose together, but they're both names with their own meanings. It's just like any other double-barrel name to me. But maybe that's because I liked Briar-Rose and thought it was beautiful before I found out about the Sleeping Beauty connection. Same thing with Aurora (Sleeping Beauty was never one of my favorite princess stories/movies. I just assumed that her name was "Sleeping Beauty" for the longest time. Lol.). I just don't have a problem with it. But thanks for your input!
    twenty, virgo, college student,
    lover of nature, fairy tales, and anything fantasy˙·٠(◡‿◡✿)

Ceridwen is sweet, magical and beautiful. I also think of winter and snow and frost. Briar-Rose seems too cutesy and cartoonish for an adult, though either Briar or Rose on its own would be nice. Maybe do first name Briar, middle name Rose so you can call her by both but doesn't have to use them together as an adult?
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Quote Originally Posted by gummibear View Post
    Ceridwen is so beautiful and i love Winnie as an nn.
    I also love Briar-Rose though prefer it without the hyphon.
    Ceridwen just sounds so amazing i would love to meet one.
    Briar-Rose is totally useable, with all the other names i've been hearing this seems tame.
    Glad you love Ceridwen! I love Briar-Rose without the hyphen too, but I feel like the hyphen ties the name together as one name. Idk, I've actually been going back and forth with myself about the hyphen. I totally think it's usable too! My taste is unusual and Briar-Rose is definitely one of the tamer, more "normal" names in my collection of names. Especially with Rose in the name. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by bonfireazalea View Post
    Ceridwen is sweet, magical and beautiful. I also think of winter and snow and frost. Briar-Rose seems too cutesy and cartoonish for an adult, though either Briar or Rose on its own would be nice. Maybe do first name Briar, middle name Rose so you can call her by both but doesn't have to use them together as an adult?
    Thanks! Ceridwen also gives me a gentle (but strong), delicate, snowy, wintery vibe. I would only use Briar-Rose together. I don't care for the names individually too much.