Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Your Opinion On This Name

We are in the USA and multicultural. I'd like your opinions on using such a whimsical name and whether you foresee any problems with having a middle name using an accute accent.

I am having a daughter soon, and DH and I both like the name Diana. I felt something was missing with the name until I rediscovered the name Lórien, which is from a literary body of work by JRR Tolkien. This author's work has great sentimental meaning to me and my family and I just love the name.

So, we are seriously considering Diana Lórien as the name. I contacted a linguist who specializes in languages of the Tolkien legendarium and have made sure I understand the meaning and pronunciation.

I feel it would be misspelling this name to use O instead of ó. Since it's a middle name, is there any possibility for complications?

I am not really looking for input on the name Diana, if you like it however you are welcome to tell me all about it:-)

I adore Diana! I am a huge Anne of Green Gables fan so I find Diana very sweet. I think the middle name is fine. Not my favorite, but the middle is a great way to add more flair to a name, or use something with meaning.

I think you should go for it! Diana is beautiful and Lórien is exotic and means something to you. Why not?
    NYC Addict to Girls' Names. Future journalist.

Favorite Girls:
    Annabel/Annabella, Alice, Arabella, Aria, Clara, Clementine, Della, Eleanora, Emmeline, Flora, Harper, Hazel, Isadora, Ivy, Jade, Josephine, Kate, Lily, May, Violetta, Zara

Favorite Boys:
    Archer, Bryce, Calvin, Charles/Charlie, Christopher, Dylan, Graham, Miles, Wesley, Wyatt

Violetta Jane|Della May|Emmeline Violet|Stella Jade|Mara Vivian|Flora Dixie|Zara Delphine

Wyatt Joseph|Bryce Greyson|Will Tate|Nate Charles

Quote Originally Posted by boyandgirl View Post
    I adore Diana! I am a huge Anne of Green Gables fan so I find Diana very sweet. I think the middle name is fine. Not my favorite, but the middle is a great way to add more flair to a name, or use something with meaning.
    I also loved reading the AGG growing up. I don't think I've ever known a Diana in my personal life; just a handful of Diannes.

I like both names a lot. My first thought on Diana was Princess Diana but you're not in the UK so I don't think that matters.