Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Your Opinion On This Name

We are in the USA and multicultural. I'd like your opinions on using such a whimsical name and whether you foresee any problems with having a middle name using an accute accent.

I am having a daughter soon, and DH and I both like the name Diana. I felt something was missing with the name until I rediscovered the name Lórien, which is from a literary body of work by JRR Tolkien. This author's work has great sentimental meaning to me and my family and I just love the name.

So, we are seriously considering Diana Lórien as the name. I contacted a linguist who specializes in languages of the Tolkien legendarium and have made sure I understand the meaning and pronunciation.

I feel it would be misspelling this name to use O instead of ó. Since it's a middle name, is there any possibility for complications?

I am not really looking for input on the name Diana, if you like it however you are welcome to tell me all about it:-)

I adore Diana! I am a huge Anne of Green Gables fan so I find Diana very sweet. I think the middle name is fine. Not my favorite, but the middle is a great way to add more flair to a name, or use something with meaning.

I think you should go for it! Diana is beautiful and Lórien is exotic and means something to you. Why not?
    NYC Addict to Girls' Names. Future novelist and screenwriter.

Favorite Girls:
    Annabel/Annabella, Alice, Arabella, Bryony, Calla, Clara, Clementine, Delphine, Eleanora, Emmeline, Estella, Hazel, Isadora, Ivy, Jane, Josephine, Lily, Sapphira, Violetta

Favorite Boys:
    Bryce, Calvin, Charles/Charlie, Christopher, Dylan, Wesley, Wyatt

Quote Originally Posted by boyandgirl View Post
    I adore Diana! I am a huge Anne of Green Gables fan so I find Diana very sweet. I think the middle name is fine. Not my favorite, but the middle is a great way to add more flair to a name, or use something with meaning.
    I also loved reading the AGG growing up. I don't think I've ever known a Diana in my personal life; just a handful of Diannes.

I like both names a lot. My first thought on Diana was Princess Diana but you're not in the UK so I don't think that matters.