Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Do You Love A Name That Doesn't Fit Into Your Naming Style?

Is there a name that you love (or secretly love) that doesn't really fit in your naming style?

Example- I like a lot of classic names mostly, but I also love a few "trendy" names like Stella and Nova.
    Favorite Names
    Girls- Geneva, Audrey, Eliza, Lucy, Charlotte, Adeline
    Boys- Isaac, Rowan, Jack, Micah

As a rule, I don't find "surnames as first names" very interesting but I do like these ones (mainly for boys).

Morgan
    Quinn
    Shea
    Sawyer
    Auden
    Griffin/Griffith
    Duncan
    Harrison
    Ellis
    Fraser
    Wesley
    Donovan
    Marlowe
    Locke
    Leighton
    Hadley
    Everett
    Spencer
    All the best,
    Mischa.

My style leans toward the "not often heard, but everyone has heard of" names, for example, Magnolia nn Maggie, Leland, and Sidney.

There are a few names that I LOVE that don't totally fit my scheme. Briggs is my numero uno. It's new, fresh, screams tough little boy, and I adore it. Michael is another one, and while it's an old classic, it has been popular it's entire life.

When I was playing some of the Baby Name Games, I found the name Cocoa for a girl. It does not fit in my style but I'm sure I love it and it became one of my guilty pleasures. I like names that are not very popular but not so unknown.
    Emon, 14
    Josephina/Finley/Lucie/Opal
    Ronan/Samson/Evan/Asher

I love unusual noun names like Journey, Fable, and Clover, but that name category doesn't overlap with any of the rest of my names. I also love the name Ever. Doesn't fit into my naming style at ALL, and none of the "long" options fit, either. But I love it so much that I'll probably find a way to get the nickname through a name with vaguely-related sounds.