Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Bianca, Wesley, Stephanie, Courtney, Tanner. There's probably more but there ones that come to mind. Oh and Megan.
    Annaliese Rosalie ; Eden Iris ; Isobel Claire
    Mummy of these three perfect kiddos

♥ ♥ ♥

Anthony. I don't know why other than I just don't really like how it sounds.

pet peeves: nicknames as given names; unconventional spellings; masculine names on girls
    not-so-guilty pleasures: five-syllable girls' names; virtue and nature names; over-the-top antique names for boys
    (if i repeat name suggestions in a thread, it's because i like them! no apologies here for repeats of great names! )

IF YOU LOVE IT, USE IT!

I think all of us have names we dislike because of unpleasant people we know. I think especially anything you associate with childhood trauma is easy to hate -- if a bully or someone you were frightened of as a child had that name, you are never going to get over that and be able to look at that name objectively.

But as for perfectly good names I dislike for no reason -- Helen and Oscar come to mind. They are fine -- and currently fashionable -- names, and no one need blush for having them in the family. But while I am on board with most vintage names, I can't love those two. It isn't that I think nursing home residents when I hear them -- I can see them on babies. But while I LOVE the European family of Helen names -- Eleanor, Nell, Elena, Leonora -- I don't like the Anglicized pronunciation -- it is too plain. And I like Jane!

As for Oscar -- I've always thought -- why?

If it is any consolation to fans of those names, my favorite -- Clementine -- is here, and always pops up on lists such as this.

Sloane, August/Augustus, Emerson, Penelope, Poppy, Adelaide/Adeline/its other variants, ANY names that are spelled weird/made up, Leilani, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by heytherepigeon View Post
    Sloane, August/Augustus, Emerson, Penelope, Poppy, Adelaide/Adeline/its other variants, ANY names that are spelled weird/made up, Leilani, etc.
    Leilani is not made up. It's a Hawaiian name and a fairly common one at that.