Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Did they ask for your social security card too? I wonder if they might be trying to keep proof that they checked that you can legally work.

Frequently Asked Questions About I-9 Compliance

I do the hiring paperwork for my job (not in childcare.) Even though we do a background check, drug screen, etc we still keep copies of both driver's license and Social Security card on file for every employee. You are being hired for a job, it's no different that any other job. I don't see what the big deal is- What can they do with a copy of your driver's license, really?
    ~ Mommy to Callum Rhys and Jack William ~

Girls: Eleanor, Ruby, Louisa, Jane, Sylvie, Alice, Iris
    Boys: Edmund, Leland, Rowan, Beckett, Miles, Samuel

Quote Originally Posted by lcmpdx View Post
    I do the hiring paperwork for my job (not in childcare.) Even though we do a background check, drug screen, etc we still keep copies of both driver's license and Social Security card on file for every employee. You are being hired for a job, it's no different that any other job. I don't see what the big deal is- What can they do with a copy of your driver's license, really?
    I'm guessing that the issue is that if you were employed by a company or corporation, it would be dealt with by an experienced HR department who would have procedures in place to protect you privacy. If its a family hiring a nanny, these positions are often cash in hand and are employed more casually, I know I'm not getting my point across but I hope you can gather what I mean from this.

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.

Pinkballerina - That came off as kind of rude. Why is it that you would think you arent getting your point accross or that I may not be able to gather what you mean from this?

If you are trusting someone to do a background check (which she said they did) then you would have already trusted them with your social security number (whether they have an actual copy of it or not does not matter - they could have it written down somewhere), and they are trusting you with their child. As far as the original poster is concerned - Do only what you feel comfortable with, if you don't want to give them a copy of your license then don't- just be prepared that it may cost you a job.
    ~ Mommy to Callum Rhys and Jack William ~

Girls: Eleanor, Ruby, Louisa, Jane, Sylvie, Alice, Iris
    Boys: Edmund, Leland, Rowan, Beckett, Miles, Samuel

Quote Originally Posted by lcmpdx View Post
    Pinkballerina - That came off as kind of rude. Why is it that you would think you arent getting your point accross or that I may not be able to gather what you mean from this?

If you are trusting someone to do a background check (which she said they did) then you would have already trusted them with your social security number (whether they have an actual copy of it or not does not matter - they could have it written down somewhere), and they are trusting you with their child. As far as the original poster is concerned - Do only what you feel comfortable with, if you don't want to give them a copy of your license then don't- just be prepared that it may cost you a job.
    I don't think she meant it in a rude way - sometimes on the internet, without being able to see the person's expression or body language, the tone of the text doesn't come off right, so I think she was saying that it might be difficult to understand her because of the way she had written her comment, not because she thinks you won't be able to understand it! I often think that, because I write my rambling comments how I think them, it must be difficult for others, who aren't used to my (usually confused) style of writing, to really see exactly what I mean. Like now for instance, so I apologise for that! I hope this didn't come off rude either, I truly didn't mean it to be

To the original poster, I might be getting the wrong end of the stick here, but are you becoming a nanny for the parents or just a babysitter? Babysitter, to me, implies you looking after the child casually for a few hours in the evening, perhaps once a month or more often as the case may be, while the parents are out. Surely you wouldn't be driving the child anywhere, or indeed taking it out of the house? I think I may have misunderstood, but I don't think they really have any need of your license, although, of course, they would want to know exactly who you were before they hired you etc.

GIRLS: Carlotta Miriam BenedikteMarguerite Airlie SusannahElisabet Ruth Frederica

Car Baby Tuppence Zosia Mabel---------------------------------------------Recent Fancies: Hamish Idris February & Vivian Tamsin Blythe