Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Awesome suggeations everyone, I wouldnt have even thought of half of them!

Pardon me for repeating:
    My favorite girl's names that have a v in them are:
    Genevieve
    Ginevra
    Octavia

For places name I like Vienna but I prefer Verona.
    I also like Veronica, Verity, Venetia, and Valancy.

There are more but probably other people have mentioned them.

good Lucka

Vida - it means live

I'm Sierra.
    I write poetry.
    I have no life--just my imagination.

Winifred, Faye, Adelheid, Agnes, Anne, Eleanor, Hollis, Arthur, Benedict, Finn

These have been really well covered, there are more I'm sure, but you asked about similar sounds which I'll add some perspective on:

V and F are very similar. They are made with the same motion of the mouth just for V you have a hum, for F there is no hum.
    V and B are pretty similar. They are made with similar motions of the mouth and you have humming for both, just for b the sound is stopped (and the mouth position is slightly different). You can actually see this in language - a lot of names from Hebrew that used a V got turned into a B in English - Avigail to Abigail, Devora to Deborah, Rivka to Rebecca, etc.

I don't really know that any B names actually feel that similar to V names in the beginning, maybe some that have a B in the middle, like Tabitha, because the soft TH sort of nods to the softness of V. Actually with a B in the middle I think the B + Th combo in Bethany does something similar.

With F I think it's a little easier to come up with a few. Farrah has always reminded me in a nice way of Vera, Felicity sort of has a similar feel to Verity for me, Fern could nod to ivy, Fabienne to Vivienne, Florence to perhaps a little to Veronique, etc. F names just in general I think have a sort of similar appeal to V names.