Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Fairly similar, actually. I would probably strongly consider Jemima if it wasn't my own name! They had Matilda, Harriet and Imogen as contenders at other points, which I love. I think my taste is probably *slightly* more 'out-there' than their taste for girls. For boys, I think we're really pretty similar. Funnily enough, my paternal grandmother has a similar taste NOW to my style! (I'm not a big fan of the names she chose for her children; but her taste seems to have changed a lot - only to be expected really. The range of names 'available' in the 60s was not wide...)

Definitely. The names considered for my brother and I were all very traditional and/or Biblical names. I don't dislike these names at all, however I like them in the middle spot with a more unusual name up front; nothing too out-there but something you don't hear very often. I think most if not all of my first name choices will raise eyebrows, but I guess they'll just have to deal with it when the time comes. That is, providing my future husband, whoever he may be, doesn't have the same opinion of them. :/
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

I don't think so my mum loved the name Lauren for my nine year old brother, I find it dated. She finds the name Alice "old" and can't see Isobel on a child (it's her mums name). She also finds my boys names weird and I would never have named a child Ebony.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Deacon☆Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

My dad likes names that are more modern or traditional Irish names. Like he really likes the name Morgan and also Moira. He suggested if we have another daughter we could use Moira. We already have a Mary so having an Irish version of Mary just seems weird to me. He thinks the names I like are too old.
    Mother to: Patrick Werner (3/10) and Mary Claire (06/12)

Our naming styles are somewhat similar, I think. My style is somewhere between Classic Unusual and Classic Eccentric, with lots of long, frilly, feminine names for girls. Judging by the names that my parents had picked out for their children, I'd say that their taste falls somewhere between Classic Conservative and Modern Conservative — they liked long-standing classic names, family/Biblical names, and some of the more popular names of the '80s and '90s, and my mom in particular loathes kr8yv spellings. Their top picks when naming us were Bethany Rose, Marianne Elizabeth, and Megan Jane for girls and Christian Patrick and Sean Christopher for boys. My mom generally thinks that the names that I like are weird, over-the-top, or ugly, though she likes some of them.