Names Searched Right Now:

I may be crazy...

...but I'm a little worried that I'm going to feel regret if my husband and I don't get to use both names we have picked out right now. We're only planning on having 2 (maybe 3) kids, so unless we have another daughter and a son (in that order), we most likely won't be using both. I didn't even pick both of the names, but I've become really attached to them. I imagine them all the time. Am I being totally ridiculous? Or is this understandable?
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid "Birdie" ???

BOYS: Seamus ???, Niall/Neil/Neal James
    GIRLS: Deirdre/Deidra "Dear" ???

Definitely understandable. I think I would be surprise to know a berry who won't be sad if not using her favorites. That's not quite the same but you can always name pets, cars, phones...I know a cat with a middle name(patronymic) and a last name.
    Victoria

Each magician has his own power sign...
    * Hector & Leontine
    ♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓ are under transformation into heroes and queens!

Thanks for the reply.

The problem is...I don't think it's really about the names for me. They're not my favorite names, so much as they're the names that feel right for our (hypothetical future) children. Like I said, I didn't even pick them myself. Patrick does have a lot of personal significance to us both, so that's why we picked it (we would have used it had Maura been a boy), but Brigid was entirely my husband's choice. I love that he loves it so much, though. It's just...I'm so in love with the idea of the children we would give those names to, I'm worried I might feel regret or some sense of loss if they never come to be.

I definitely wouldn't use these names for pets or inanimate objects, even though I do name those things. They're just children's names to me, they could never be anything else.
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid "Birdie" ???

BOYS: Seamus ???, Niall/Neil/Neal James
    GIRLS: Deirdre/Deidra "Dear" ???

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 18th, 2014 at 04:00 PM.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.