Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eden

36 81.82%
  • Alyssa

8 18.18%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Eden vs. Alyssa

I just want to caution you—recently there was a thread discussing Eden, and the OP had said her friend thought it was a "stripper name." And then, lots of berries agreed with the friend, that it definitely had that sort of a vibe. Either a stripper vibe, or a very, VERY religious vibe. My heart kinda sank, as I really like the name, and it immediately got booted off my list. I would not have known that was a common impression of the name as it hadn't occurred to me, so it's something to think about if it hasn't occurred to you, either.

I'm trying to search for that thread but the search function isn't working for me—if anyone else can find it, I'm sure that would be helpful! It was just within the last week or two.
    Newlywed and will be TTC soon.

Currently thinking of:
    Mattias Graham, Cassian James, Asa Nathaniel, Macsen Henry
    Leonora Pearl, Aurelia Sarai, Felicity Susanna, Camellia Mae

Eden Alyssa? Then you can have it all. Alyssa is a very pretty middle name, all soft and sweet with the strong and sweet Eden.

I saw that mentioned on a different site. I don't understand the correlation. I do see a religious side which is fine. Serenity was one I liked early on and I read that was 'stripper' sounding. But when mentioning Eden to friends family no one has raised an eyebrow though they have been very honest lol

It's surprising to me how names can bring out the approval or disgust out of someone.

I'm just determined that my daughter won't be Sofia M because there are five others in the class...

The correlation is that the Garden of Eden is the "Garden of Pleasure," as Eden is supposed to mean pleasure or paradise. It's also actually the name of a huge strip joint in Chicago, apparently.

I dunno. The whole "pleasure" thing sounds a little... creepy, to me. Again, I really liked the name and had it on my list! But I just didn't realize there was this type of association.
    Newlywed and will be TTC soon.

Currently thinking of:
    Mattias Graham, Cassian James, Asa Nathaniel, Macsen Henry
    Leonora Pearl, Aurelia Sarai, Felicity Susanna, Camellia Mae

Quote Originally Posted by christalm View Post
    Help! My husband and I can't decide between the two.
    I like both but think Alyssa is prettier. I would let the middle and last name decide.