Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Willow & Violet are both great. I think Willow goes a bit better with Eve, since she already has a prominent V sound in her name.

Aurora is naturey and princessy and could be a nice A-letter mn to mirror Anastasia. Liberty could make a bold statement in the middle as well.
    A lot of your more exotic choices (Sunniva, Ivany/Iverine, Anatolia) seem to fit better as middles in my opinion.

Suggestions:
    Fidelia- Sounds a bit like a virtue name which your husband seems to like, but is more serious than Felicity; nn Fia
    Felicia- a flower name (which it seems you favor); Still sounds somewhat like Felicity for hubby, but is not as frilly; nn Fia
    "Queen" themed names- Adelaide, Astrid, Beatriz, Cynthia, Fabiola (Fia?), Gloria/Gloriana, Isabel, Juno, Margaret, Sibel, Victoria

I also love this simple site for looking at flower names... List of Flowers that start with A ...Where you can search by letter to make sure you don't use CZEPT. Husband likes a lot of A names so perhaps there is one you like that isn't "too weird" lol. Good luck! =]
    Dominic James~ (4)

Gabriel : Jude : Phineas : Sebastian
    Elena : Felicity : Lavender : Julia

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 16th, 2014 at 04:39 PM.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

Edited for privacy.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

Tesla

So, I'm really digging Tesla. I mentioned it to DH and he looked all surprised and said he had already thought of it, and was trying to decide if he liked it enough to bring it up! How cool is that! But...we're having trouble with Tesla Tyler. It sort of makes me cringe.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

Okay I'm coming at this from a completely different angle than I have in the past. For me all the great names are great because of their awesome associations with characters in books or movies/tv...so here is my list of feisty fictional heroines! (Edited to match the CEPZTS ban as much as possible)

Wendy - Peter Pan, of course! Potential long forms include Gwendolyn (your Gwen name?) and Wednesday (I actually know one!)
    Belle - My most favorite of the Disney princesses. Brave, loyal, selfless, curious, defiant, kind, and gentle...with a lust for books and adventure and the ability to see past appearances. What an awesome namesake! Potential long forms include Isobel, Isabella et al, Belladonna (too many Tooks?), Belphoebe, and the ultra-Southern Dulcibel just for kicks and giggles. I actually quite like "just Belle" especially paired with sister Eve!
    Amelia - Amy Pond from Doctor Who. I loved the way he said her name: "Oh that's a brilliant name! Amelia Pond...like a name in a fairytale!"
    Satine - probably a little TOO sexy, but I've always loved this Moulin Rouge character...her haunting lyrics, and how proud and brave she is despite being doomed from the start
    Isana - from Jim Butcher's Codex Alera series. A strong, independent woman, resourceful, and fiercely protective of her loved ones. An alternative to Susannah
    Phoebe - my favorite Charmed sister. Beautiful, powerful, and with this minxish pixie cuteness
    Heidi - from the Johanna Spyri novel. Who didn't want to be Heidi growing up? I think she's a great balance of cute and sexy a la Heidi Klum
    Bridget - a saint and mythological figure, goddess of healing, poetry, and smithcraft. Fire is sacred to her. She features in several good fantasy series.
    River - too much with Evie? I have both River and Eve on my list now... Rivers Tam and Song are the ultimate badass sci-fi heroines.
    Shirley - as in Anne of Green Gables. Avonlea could also work, such a beautiful place name!
    Winry - awesome mechanic in Fullmetal Alchemist, sweet and charming but more than capable of holding her own in a fight, and a whiz with machinery
    ANY of Tamora Pierce's heroines: Daine (Veralidaine Sarrasri) the warrior-mage and shape-shifter who could talk to animals, Alanna who disguised herself as her twin brother so she could train as a knight, Thayet the independent queen who fights for equality, Alianne spymaster for the Trickster god, etc. etc. etc.
    Lyra - Belacqua (or Silvertongue) from the His Dark Materials trilogy, quite possibly my favorite series of all time. Precocious, practical, innocent, wicked, wise, vulnerable, and passionate...Lyra embodies all the intensity and complexity of what it means to be human, and yet she is utterly magical
    Fern - of Charlotte's Web. Or Charlotte for that matter!
    and last but not least: Cimorene - every girl's perfect heroine. Seriously. If you've not read Dealing with Dragons, you MUST. And Cimorene is a soft C, so she only bends the no-C rule, she doesn't actually break it...

And on a random note, if you like Octavia but not the oct- part, there's also Flavia, which means golden one. Easy way to Fia too!
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu